What have you been smoking on bbq?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can "fake smoke" on my gas grill and it is a righteous way to cook food.
Edit: I will say, with ribs, low and slow in the oven produces a heavenly product even if it is missing out on the pungent nature of smoking during that same period.

Inkbird do a fancy Bluetooth fan for the Kamado.
1619345445447.jpeg

I want to try the cocoshell briquettes but cant find them anywhere that I would call a reasonable price

Sorry, but I NEVER us briquettes when I'm smoking! I reckon that there must be something that binds the charcoal together and I'd rather not have whatever that is as part of my smoke!

I use ordinary charcoal instead.

Proper order! I usually have some Heat Beads on hand for occasional use, but cheaper briquettes or anything with instant light in the name is truely awful.

Nice BGE! Where do you get the ribs from? I'm looking for a cheaper option than my local butcher

Regarding charcoal...what's a good starting point?
Been busy/away for a while. Apologies for not responding.
Proper wood chips wrapped in foil or a tin pan, holes poked in the foil. Put over gas burner. Chips can be soaked in water first.
My problem was actually too much smoke flavor at first.
Hope everyone here has been well.

This evening I did lamb chops for my wife and 2 boys plus a cheeseburger burger for myself plus a few bratwursts. Tasted great on a Weber Kettle BBQ grill.

Is that a cheeseburger inside another burger bun, I'm impressed 😅
That was a text sent whilst strongly under the influence of Homebrew beer. It was just a very nice plain cheese burger for me. I had no business writing anything at 1:39am. 🥴
But you have to try beer can burgers!

Back