What hops should I sell?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regularly use:-
Fuggles
Target
Cascade US
Styrian Goldings
Amarillo
First Gold
Challenger
EKG

I have also used Motueka from NZ

A Saaz and/or one the Hallertau types might be useful for the lager brewers

Pellets preferred

And last year's harvest is usually always better, although not imperative

Interesting that people seem to prefer pellets. I favour whole cones in the kettle and pellets in the fermenter. Horses for courses......

I’d agree with everyone else on the bittering side - I always go for magnum.

I also only really use pelletised hops.

For late additions my favourites are all from NZ, so may be more difficult to get. Other hops I really like and use often are:
Simco
Amarillo
Centennial
Mosaic
EKG

The biggest factor in me choosing to buy from one supplier all else being equal is:
1. Freshness of hops (eg I would always choose a 2019 harvest over 2018), are they vacuum sealed etc?
2. Unit price
3. Postage costs

Maybe you could do a poll where people could click the three/five hops they use most frequently to get a better idea of what forum users generally brew with?
great idea!

What would Jesus brew with? :laugh8:
Jesus was a wine maker. I understand he went to a certain knees up a Cana and started converting the buckets of water into Merlot and Chardonnay. No mention of any finings in John ch. 2
In fact, Ben, I'd have nothing to do with the lad if I were you. Anyone who just turns water into wine is NOT good for business.

Jesus was a wine maker. I understand he went to a certain knees up a Cana and started converting the buckets of water into Merlot and Chardonnay. No mention of any finings in John ch. 2
In fact, Ben, I'd have nothing to do with the lad if I were you. Anyone who just turns water into wine is NOT good for business.
Would He use Bramling Cross for hopping.

Interesting that people seem to prefer pellets. I favour whole cones in the kettle and pellets in the fermenter. Horses for courses......
I agree cones in the kettle help to filter the run off and pellets for dry hop are easier to wet. I also use mainly challenger and magnum for bittering.

For late additions and dry hopping my favourites are chinook, simcoe, amarillo, cascade, mosaic, citra, galaxy, vic secret, nelson sauvin.

Used to like cluster. Don’t see that much anymore.

You know he only likes wine. He is such a snob. 😂
Snob or not, he seemed to be having difficulty with either sanitation or carbonation levels or both. He also seems to have acquired a lisp:

"And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better."

At some stage he gives up on bottles and starts making his packaging out of goatskins to get a bit of "farmyard funkiness" into his vino plonko. I'm not sure if he's solved the bottle bomb problem, but it seems to have worked wonders for his lisp:

"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins."

A great man for building and pitching a decent yeast starter, too. No short measures here:

It is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough.

I would like to see Jesus do the 3 pint challenge 🤣
Thor gave it a go and nearly drained the ocean.

31B009BD-45F0-43CE-823A-2A13F38C18F8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back