what is the best beer you have ever tasted?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tropicalpalmtree

Reaction score
was it a home brew? was it someone elses craft beer? something you found in the shop? or on tap at a pub?

interested to hear, im personally a lager man so any suggestions you have for me throw them over :)

Many a year ago I used to drop my two boys into scouts and then call into one of my favourite pubs to spend an hour with my seven year old daughter before we picked them up. She would have an orange juice and a packet of crisps and I a packet of pork scratching and a HPA whilst talking to her.

Will probably struggle to better that pint.

Daleside Monkey Wrench at a beer festival. A year later a load of us couldn't wait to have it again and it was ****. Reckon it was just badly handled. I emailed them to ask for a recipe but I didn't even get a reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no definite answer....do beers at different moments count?
My first great beer after endless cheap lager and other dreadful stuff was Deuchars IPA...I still get the odd bottle.
A cold bottle of Tribute after walking from Polperro to Talland Bay on a blistering hot day...
The endless raft of new stuff I like to find....

A couple of years ago on my birthday I had a few pints in Brewdog in Glasgow. Hop fiction (on tap) blew me away. Unfortunately, the bottled version isn't a patch on it.

Cantillon Cuvee Florian. Their hoppier, all pale malt lambic, aged on cherries and then dry hopped with Bramling Cross. An amazingly well balanced, fragrant fruity sour, that was dry and bitter, at the same time. Mindblowing.

The best beer I have ever tasted, it's a good one if you're a lager man...

In September I went to Prague for my birthday. We got off the plane and got a cab straight to the Staropramen brewery tap and got a flight of their beers, the first one being their standard Staropramen pilsner and it was the best beer I have ever had.

Similarly, going to a Munich beerhall and getting a Munich helles straight off the flight was pretty damn good, but I prefer Czech pils to Munich helles.

Either Hill Farmstead Dorothy or Trillium Melcher Street.
Had both last night

Peninsula IPA from Peerless brewery in Birkenhead. If you think about what Thornbridge Jaipur used to taste like. Then double the depth of flavour and you're almost there. By far the nicest beer I've ever tasted

Cheers . Tom

Difficult one - Ballast Point Sculpin is probably the best IPA I've had, but I loved the house tripel at De Garre in Bruges...

Dead pony club on tap is the best I've had so far probably. That or choco libre (i think i spelt that right lol). That is a truly fantastic stout but more than 1 bottle and your full

Dead cat by Graff in Tromso !! My own version is now conditioning clapa
My version #3 (NEipa) is now fermenting :?:

I was in Barcelona a few weeks ago and visited Edge brewery, changed my opinion they had a new release Tarty Strut Neipa WoW clapa

Last edited:
Times 8 by Lervig x Stillwater when I was at the Bristol Craft Beer Festival. 16% Pastry Stout. The only thing that ever came close was Yellow Belly 2017 batch by Omnipollo.

Latest posts

Back