What is the best kit out there?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobtheblob

Regular.
Reaction score
Looking to get another beer kit, what are some good choices?
I can't decide what type of beer to make so was wondering what some really good kits are.

I can't decide what type of beer to make so was wondering what some really good kits are.
Depends on what style you're after but I like the MJ Craft stuff used with DME, the hops usually come with the kit as a dry hop. I like the Juicy Session IPA (my favourite), Simcoe IPA and Brut IPA (can you tell I like IPA?)

I've had good results from Woodfordes Wherry and Bure Gold, MYO IPA (from the Range), and Festival Landlords Finest (which was frutier than expected, but that wasn't a problem).

Cooper's Stout.
Festival Razorback.
Young's..APA, AP, Electric India..
Look at Cooper's website on the recipe section...loads of ideas,and they work!

This one.
1597351275299.png

I've brewed the Young's AIPA and it turned out great with one non homebrewer mate who tried it being really enthusiastic about how good it was..... So much so he took 4 bottles home with him!!

Evildog DIPA was good.... Not as good as the Young's kit but I think it hasn't had enough time in the bottle yet.... Trying again tonight so will update 😁

Got a Festival Razorback in the FV at the moment and the instructions are great plus brewing sugar and priming sugar in the box (just like the Young's Premium kits) so fingers crossed!

The Brew2Bottle magazine that came with my last delivery had a Young's AIPA v Festival Razorback article so they seem to be the IPA kits that are doing the best from their perspective.

Cheers !

The best kits I've done have been;

Youngs American IPA
Presidents Sierra American Pale Ale
St Peter's Cream Stout
Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA
Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA

All excellent.

Drinking a Wherry at the moment which has turned out really well. Nice and clear, good head and very little sediment to worry about in the bottle. However, compared to the Cwtch that I brewed first, it's actually quite bland, but a good session beer. Cwtch is a pint to be savoured and well worth trying

Largely what's already been said, most of the Youngs American Range are great, my favourites have been the IPA, the Oaked Rum Ale, and the Mocha Porter (but depends if you like coffee and I wouldn't call it a session beer). The Festival range is also very good, favourites have been the IPA, Summer Golden Glory and Pride of London Porter, and from their world range if you like wheat beer the German Weiss is superb. As also mentioned Cwtch is very nice.

St Peter's IPA is sublime. Wilko IPA and Copper bitter are remarkable value. Woodfordes Wherry and Norfolk Nog are great.

Just pick a style you have never tried!

A bit unfair as 1 can kits allow for a little more of a personal touch although additional malt extract brings the price up close to a two can kit.
Nowt wrong with one cans ....if they have enough malt. 1.5kg kits are cheap for a reason. I used many one cans when I did kits, but they were at least 1.7kg, and even then I always brewed short. But yes they do allow you to experiment although in the end your brew may approach the cost of a premium kit, even if it is only a Wherry.

Latest posts

Back