What is worth watching on TV?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a joiner/carpenter I've been watching Britain's best woodworker simultaneously cringing and laughing.

Also a sucker for Gold divers, Goldrush, Building Alaska and all those other Alaska based documentaries for a bit of escapism.

People in work go on about series this series that...Breaking Bad,Vikings,something about zombies...I really don't have the time to sit all day watching telly. I like a film now and then or a random documentary plus I'll watch cooking programmes but that's it. We got Sky and Netflix but its used mostly by the kids. When I flick through the listing I think it's mostly rubbish.
You're missing a trick if you don't watch Breaking Bad and it's spin-off, Better Call Saul which is, arguably, even better IMHO. Great telly!

People in work go on about series this series that...Breaking Bad,Vikings,something about zombies...I really don't have the time to sit all day watching telly.

@Clint I suggested the zombie series (Z-Nation below)

The beauty of a series is you can watch when you have time each episode is approximately half an hour so it doesn't mean you are tied up for hours.

Dark is terrific! The casting alone: how they found those kids who look so *right* for their adult counterparts. I rate it as one of the best TV series I've ever seen. Beautifully written. Apparently the writers are producing another show for 2022.

Dark is terrific! The casting alone: how they found those kids who look so *right* for their adult counterparts. I rate it as one of the best TV series I've ever seen. Beautifully written. Apparently the writers are producing another show for 2022.
I'm most of the way through series 3 and it is really quite depressing, extremely high quality, great production values and yes bonkers brilliant casting ... but yes dark by name and by nature.

I must give this a watch. 👍

I must give this a watch. 👍

I recommend getting hold of one of the 'Dark family trees' kicking around (just Google it) to help keep track of who is who.

Really it's one of the few TV shows that really does repay a bit of effort to follow.

You're missing a trick if you don't watch Breaking Bad and it's spin-off, Better Call Saul which is, arguably, even better IMHO. Great telly!
Took me 4 aborted tries before I got into BB. After that I really enjoyed it but I don't have it as no1 of all time like a lot do. Was well worth watching.

I recommend getting hold of one of the 'Dark family trees' kicking around (just Google it) to help keep track of who is who.

Really it's one of the few TV shows that really does repay a bit of effort to follow.
THE END IS THE BEGINNING This has all the family trees but allows you to look at them spoiler free by selecting what episode you are on. I really recommend not looking at the full family tree early as a) it is so complex it will put you off, b) it gives away major plot points and c) It really will make no real sense.

Anna (who is far too involved in this programme for her own good)

Yes, I didn't elaborate on that in my post, but I remember there were S1 and S2 wall-charts, Anna has probably got something even better there. But again, I would encourage anyone to give this excellent series a good look.

If you re-try Netflix, I can recommend 'The Good Place' and 'After Life'. Absolutely brilliant.
I gave up on The Good Place during season 1. I was quite excited about seeing it too because I’d heard good things and don’t think I’ve seen anything else with Ted Danson in that I haven’t enjoyed.

We’ve just finished Schitt’s Creek which was outstanding, although I know quite a few people who haven’t got into it. Genuinely funny, well written, character-based sitcom.

Last edited:
Bodyguard on Netflix is an excellent series of 6 episodes. Highly recommended.
I agree that it's hard to find much worth watching.

Bodyguard on Netflix is an excellent series of 6 episodes. Highly recommended.
I agree that it's hard to find much worth watching.
Is that 'The Bodyguard' that was on BBC originally? If so yes it was a really good series.

If you re-try Netflix, I can recommend 'The Good Place' and 'After Life'. Absolutely brilliant.
I have taken a look on Netflix, not noticed those two but nothing I saw made we want to re-subscribe tbh, the same with Amazon, both seem to be junked out with films that rely on CGI.
I have recently discovered that Amazon allows free viewing on the iMDB films and series, watched 'The Fall' recently which I found to be very good

Latest posts

Back