What kind for fermentation bucket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for some advice/inspiration for Fermenting vessal i should get,
any anybody has bought or used recently to reccomend ?
Have you looked into a Speidel 30 liter? Order one with a fitting bung and water lock, and maybe a tap. Spoil yourself, it's almost Fathers' Day :)

only thing is the lid is hard to get off if its put on fully.
Not a bad thing if it seals correctly, I assume you've snapped the piece of plastic off above the black handle in the picture allowing you to get your fingers in to lift it?

Couldn't make my mind up so I've got a Ritchie products bucket and a Brew2Bottle bucket coming tomorrow. Fingers crossed both will be ok 🤞

Cheers. Tom

Happy to say that the 25 litre Ritchies bucket seals well. Also discovered that the Ritchies bucket lid is a perfect fit for my wilko bucket. I'd butchered the lid on that trying to drill a hole for a grommet. So next time I order I'll buy a spare lid.
Not used the Brew2Bottle bucket yet, that'll be next week

Cheers. Tom

Happy to say that the 25 litre Ritchies bucket seals well. Also discovered that the Ritchies bucket lid is a perfect fit for my wilko bucket. I'd butchered the lid on that trying to drill a hole for a grommet. So next time I order I'll buy a spare lid.
Thanks for the update Tom athumb..

I'm also happy to report that the Brew2Bottle bucket is also sealing well and my 5 gallons of Nebbiolo is blubbing through the airlock nicely (the co2 not the actual wine).
Job done, my faith in the plastic buckets has been restored 🍷

Cheers. Tom

Latest posts

Back