What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presumably it's not meant to be hazy in which case my guess is that whatever is causing the haze is the culprit. I have experienced the same complaint from uncleared beer but the cause can vary. In my case it seemed to be poorly mashed wheat malt in an all grain.
All the reviews I've seen of people making the mango IPA kit end up with a hazy beer. As I say, I swapped the yeast for verdant which seemed a bit slow to start. I couldn't do hydrometer checks as I'd broken it and was waiting for a new one to arrive. My guess is I didn't leave it long enough.

Not been brewing for a few months and need to get back to it ready for Christmas. Can anyone recommend a strong NEIPA all grain kit? Ta.

I'm drinking my Mangrove Jacks Single Hopped Nelson Sauvin IPA. I brewed this one short (21L) and kegged it into 2x5L mini kegs and 1x9.5L corny.

Previous MJ kits that I've done have been brilliant (Pink Grapefruit being a particular favourite), but this one is just 'OK'. I wonder if its because it was reaching its BB date.

The aroma is quite fruity but not 'rich and fruity' as described in the packaging. The colour is much darker than described too - not vibrant gold, more like an Amber/ Copper colour. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly drinkable but doesn't have the 'wow factor' that others have had. Don't think I'll brew this one again.

For me, tonight's joy is Razorback Festival IPA and soonly a pint of Honey Porter courtesy of a St Peter's homebrew kit. Both gifts. Both welcome. Both yummy. A very good evening to you all

I'm drinking my Mangrove Jacks Single Hopped Nelson Sauvin IPA. I brewed this one short (21L) and kegged it into 2x5L mini kegs and 1x9.5L corny.

The aroma is quite fruity but not 'rich and fruity' as described in the packaging. The colour is much darker than described too - not vibrant gold, more like an Amber/ Copper colour. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly drinkable but doesn't have the 'wow factor' that others have had. Don't think I'll brew this one again.
On the other hand, I will be doing this one again.
It's all a matter of tastes.
I've done forty-one kits now and only fifteen are on my repeat list.
I always brew to the instructions.

On the other hand, I will be doing this one again.
It's all a matter of tastes.
You're 100% correct. As I said, it could also have been down to the fact that I brewed it very close to the BBE date, who knows 🤷

I watched the Partridge Brothers review of this kit and noticed that theirs appeared to be much lighter in colour - more like the vibrant gold described on the packaging. I'll probably steer clear of kits that are close to their BBE date from now on, no matter how cheap they are.

drinking some of my Better brew Export lager

Attachments

• Export lager-Better brew kit.jpg
    Export lager-Better brew kit.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
IMG_0164.jpeg

Simply Export Stout kit brewed with a kilo of Dark DME, yeast was subbed with CML Midland.

I don’t brew kits that often but at the time we had had multiple weeks of poor weather (due to the steam I brew outside when I do all grain and rain and electrics don’t mix).

And you know what it’s actually pretty good, I’ve always found the Simply kits to be remarkably good especially when you just want a keg of good session beer. It tastes like you would expect a stout to taste like, no discernable off flavours and just a nice easy to drink session beer.

Not had a homebrew beer in a while. Tonight I have more or less finished painting the kitchen and I’m celebrating with a Pamela Anderson Ale. It has hints of melons 🍈 🍈. I made it a year ago and still have two pints left in the Garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpeg
    IMG_0323.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
Simply Export Stout kit brewed with a kilo of Dark DME, yeast was subbed with CML Midland.

I don’t brew kits that often but at the time we had had multiple weeks of poor weather (due to the steam I brew outside when I do all grain and rain and electrics don’t mix).

And you know what it’s actually pretty good, I’ve always found the Simply kits to be remarkably good especially when you just want a keg of good session beer. It tastes like you would expect a stout to taste like, no discernible off flavours and just a nice easy to drink session beer.

Bought this on a whim a few months ago after seeing someone with a pint of stout on tv. It's just finishing in bottles now.

On account of some spare ingredients I attempted to make it with a tin of golden syrup and half a bag of demerara sugar. I tried it last night, and frankly with my poor palate I cannot detect either of these things in the beer haha.

However it is really good, exactly like you say, very easy to drink. They do a real ale kit that's very nice as well.

Just trying the Love brewing Double Zombie, pretty strong came about 8% I’ve left it for a good while on the second fermentation in the king keg, tasted foul about three weeks ago, it’s really mellowed. First time with Godiva hops, all in all good ale although I wouldn’t session it! this review might be down to the second drink! Hick
IMG_0790.jpeg

Back