Quantcast

What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Didge

Reaction score
I'm drinking a pimped "Ultimate Brewery Ginger Beer", it's by no means a traditional ginger beer, but it is extremely drinkable and an unusual brew. I must post a review sometime.

Pablosaurus

Reaction score
Commiserstions. I have never done this one but having seen so many glowing reviews decided I would like to but no site I have looked at has it in stock. Maybe it's the current rush on good kits but I think it was originally introduced as a limited edition and perhaps the limit has expired though I hope not!
This kit just arrived today, a few days late, from Beer Mart. Maybe they still have stock?

Elsewhere, I'm into my second pint of short-brewed Mangrove Jacks Raspberry Berliner Weiss. This is also delicious. Sour, refreshing and easy quaffing about 3.8%. Nice with ice.20201113_184342.jpg

Didge

Reaction score
You must be a couple of weeks ahead of me, my Mangrove Jacks Raspberry Berliner Weiss has been carbonating in the airing cupboard for 6 days now, I had a crafty sip when bottling and it reminded of deliciously sour harribo sweets. I can't wait to taste the carbonated version, although mine included 2Kg of mixed berries from our garden, so it's probably about 6%.

Pavros

Landlord.
Reaction score
Wilko Feeling Hoppy IPA brewed with cml Pia yeast and dry hopped with 75g of Falconers Flight. Bottled 2 weeks ago.

First pint - nicely carbonated, slightly thin (perhaps a mini mash with some crystal next time?) and hops are slightly harsh.

Second pint - this isn't going to last long. Probably more of a hoppy pale ale rather than an IPA.

This may be a good kit to experiment with. At £16, it's a bit expensive but when it's on sale at £12, it's worth a punt.

Pablosaurus

Reaction score
You must be a couple of weeks ahead of me, my Mangrove Jacks Raspberry Berliner Weiss has been carbonating in the airing cupboard for 6 days now, I had a crafty sip when bottling and it reminded of deliciously sour harribo sweets. I can't wait to taste the carbonated version, although mine included 2Kg of mixed berries from our garden, so it's probably about 6%.
That'll be beautiful! 😍

I shortbrewed mine to 15ltrs without any additional sugar, so it's nicely concentrated but not overly alcoholic. Funny process...it fermented out in four days flat, so I bottled it and then panicked that it had stalled and would blow out the bottles when the priming sugar started up again.

Needless worry, though. It's turned out really well!

Bigdok

Reaction score
Wilkos sweet newky brown ale that's coming up to it's first birthday and it's quite good.

West wind

Reaction score
With fishing knocked on the head due to horrible weather I opened a bottle of Woodfordes Tinsel Toes from a batch I bottled three weeks ago. It has some lovely flavours for such a young beer. One I'll definitely do again.

Then I opened another bottle.........

Pablosaurus

Reaction score
Youngs American IPA. Hoppy and powerful pint. In hindsight, I reckon this would be better bottled than in my PB. Hefty carbonation means its a bit too lively for the barrel, and the head is really bitter. Nonetheless, still an awesome pint.
20201119_181445.jpg

DavieC

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Jon1964, it was pretty cloudy at first but I had a nightmare bottling it with a dodgy seal on my Syphon, it's fairly clear now but been bottled since end of August.Really does taste great though.athumb..