What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Jon1964

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've switched to Admirals Reserve now, really nice,I had a cider that I made from pressed foraged apples last year earlier as well...I've also had a day off from work ...I just don't care!!
Loving the Admirals Reserve.
Was a really fast Brew.
From pitching to drinking 17 days, clear as a bell and very tasty.
A great kit when you need a quick Brew. 👍👍

DavieC

Landlord.
Reaction score
The one I've just had I bottled 14 months ago...conditioned beautifully now.2 bottles left. I bottled a Wherry kit today that I added a 20g cascade dry leaf hop to.Tasted lovely.

StoutWolf

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beerworks dark belgian strawberry ale.
Bottled two weeks ago, nicely carbed, slight strawberry nose and sweet flavour. Also a slight sour note. I'll put the remainder away to cool condition until the new year now.
Bottled 5l like this and did a mini keg.
In the remainder I replaced the strawberry flavor with some dark cherry vodka and bottled in 330mls, an early bottle suggest they maybe under carbed though asad1
_20201128_182709.JPG

DavieC

Landlord.
Reaction score
Festival Golden Stag, it was good right from the off, now it's conditioned for a few months it's excellent.Quite hoppy,great aroma,very refreshing.
IMG_20201204_201732.jpg

StoutWolf

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My beerworks dark belgian strawberry ale kit whilst putting up the Christmas decorations. Didn't quite manage to leave it until the new year, but It's definitely improved since I last tried it.

slowdave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi @slowdave, does it taste like Shipyard? We're quite close to each other (when you're not in Warrington) as I live out near Mkt Harborough. athumb..
Hi,
It's a good shipyard copy but I wasn't as tight with the instructions as I could have been. This was the part grain kit - next time I will brew the all grain - probably for next summer as I have a few other DR kits to brew first.
I'm near Lutterworth most of the time, just work in Warrington for a couple of weeks per month.

Latest posts