What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16167819421862746832026279971564.jpg

MJ JIPA for me athumb..

Woodfordes Wherry. Not as great as I'd expected from all the reviews on here. Pretty mediocre.

Just forced down another St Peters Honey Porter. It's not getting any better !!!

Followed up now with St Peters Cream Stout which is very nice.

Woodfordes Wherry. Not as great as I'd expected from all the reviews on here. Pretty mediocre.
I agree, I tried my first Wherry after already having done a lot of kits and found it to be one dimensional. It is a very simple kit and I think a bit more complexity is needed to produce a decent bitter. I took advantage of the two yeast sachets and made the kit up in two batches. The second I "pimped" with rye mini-mash (as suggested on this thread: Clibit mini-mash to improve a kit) and ended up with a 6% ABV export strength Wherry - definitely a bit more to it, but the flavour needs some fine tuning!
Werrye_export_6pc.jpg

An Evil Dog double IPA today. Was unsure at first but 2 months after bottling it's turned into a good little drink

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_133617.jpg
    IMG_20210404_133617.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 97
A wise person once told me to keep a bottle from each batch to one side and leave it age. This is the last bottle from my second ever brew. There's an asterisk on the top that denotes this was the "dregs" of that batch. It's a Cooper's 86 days with bonus malt wheaties because why not. It tastes awesome.

IMG_20210404_184429.jpg

Just opened a NOG from a dwindling supply. Only a couple left now. Packaged up an admirals reserve earlier, so that will be the Woodforde's kit I taste next.

Just opened a NOG from a dwindling supply. Only a couple left now. Packaged up an admirals reserve earlier, so that will be the Woodforde's kit I taste next.

Really liked the Nog was the 2nd kit I did (January) only a few bottles left its one that gets better with age for sure a really good drink

Really liked the Nog was the 2nd kit I did (January) only a few bottles left its one that gets better with age for sure a really good drink
Agreed. I think this was bottled at the start of November. I preferred the 5l from a mini keg with slightly increased carbonation. So, for personal preference, I'd increase the priming sugar next time I bottle. Today's poured beautifully clear with a red hue when held to the light and the kit convinced me to try the admirals. Which will be my second Woodforde's kit.

Agreed. I think this was bottled at the start of November. I preferred the 5l from a mini keg with slightly increased carbonation. So, for personal preference, I'd increase the priming sugar next time I bottle. Today's poured beautifully clear with a red hue when held to the light and the kit convinced me to try the admirals. Which will be my second Woodforde's kit.

Just poured a NOG to try once you mentioned it has a good liquorice taste to it now that wasn't there before wonderful drink... Only a few more left... Would brew again

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_192618.jpg
    IMG_20210405_192618.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 58
I bottled a Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer today and put on a Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA. A couple of nights ago I was invited over to my neighbours back garden for a couple of socially distanced beers in front of a chimnea. I was fresh out of shop bought beer in the fridge, and was holding off on drinking my own batches until May. But decided to bring over a couple of Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA’s. First time to sample and I was blown away. Amazing brew, just gorgeous. I’m not touching the rest of it until the middle of May. I’ll use it to help celebrate my birthday. Can’t wait.

Brewferm Christmas Ale ( now called winter ale?), 8%, 15 months bottled and excellent, only a couple left, highly recommend to brew and leave well alone, was good at 6 months, great at 9 and now at its best

Just opened a beerworks belgian dark strawberry ale to drink whilst cooking. I Will probably be having a couple over the next few days. Bottles are earmarked for a Festival Belgian Pale that is fermenting on the worktop.

Just opened a beerworks belgian dark strawberry ale to drink whilst cooking. I Will probably be having a couple over the next few days. Bottles are earmarked for a Festival Belgian Pale that is fermenting on the worktop.
Just ordered the beerworks Belgian dark can’t wait to try it heard very good things

View attachment 43963
Now a Beerworks Founders Double IPA. This is a great brew, but at ~8% is a beast. Needs chilling right down. This one might pin me to the sofa for a while!!
Hi pablosaurush
A couple of work colleagues have just bought this kit and I'm looking forward to sampling it. Out of interest how long did it take to condition?

Cheers Dicko

A wilko hoppy copper bitter. Still not very hoppy, even dry hopped with 50gr of fuggles. Easy drinking though so mustn't grumble.
20210408_203927.jpg

Tonight, I will mostly be drinking rajas reward, brewed during first lockdown 12 months ago now and it is the best of my 9 brews so far. Happy drinking everyone.

Latest posts

Back