What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last Tesco Click and Collect order I did had 3 very dented cans as they were not boxed up at all. Since they were replaced FoC, I did 2 of them - both Coopers Draught - as a 2 can Saison, using a Belle Saison yeast, almost immediately.

Since this was more or less free beer, I thought little of it, but 3 months after bottling, it is very fine indeed. Very clear, very clean tasting and not too much of the estery taste from summer brewed Saisons.

I think that the Saison style, where the yeast dominates the flavours almost entirely, is very well suited to kit brewing.

After making some rookie errors with conditioning (too cold too soon) I tried to forget about the 30 or so bottles lurking in the fridge in the garage. After a couple of months sitting out there and then a few days brought in from the cold it's actually drinkable. Might have overdone the lactose addition, though. IIRC I added 350g - does that seems excessive
:drink:

2016-01-09 17.05.26.jpg

Last edited:
The last of my apple pie bourbon infusion and if that runs out before me, I've still got some rhubarb crumble vodka infusion as well.

[hic]

Hi I'm also on with a beerworks kit the Uncle Teddy's Yorkshire bitter it's my 1st ever attempt at home brewing after reading the instructions numerous times before starting I thought it looked a bit complicated specially the adding hops bit but it's not, just chop them up, add the water, continue to chop, strain the water off and sprinkle them in

Im supping Coopers Mexican Ceveza with citra hops. Ive been doing kit brews for about 10 months and i always read good and bad reviews but i must say that its the best kit ive brewed and its the 5th one i have done. I have finely learned time in the fv is the essence.

I've opened the first one of these, 3 weeks in the garage and it's heading for greatness.
I'll post in the kit review section as it goes on but I'm gutted that I didn't buy more than one of this limited edition.
Not drinking more of it tonight will be difficult.

Tonight I are mostly drinking, Festival Old Suffolk Strong Ale.
Only seven bottles left. It started off quite sharp four weeks ago but has mellowed and improved with age.
Pity it's disappearing so quickly.

Just started off with a hogs back Hog star lager. Just a warm up to getting stuck into some of my new rye pale ale. Before I start on the braumeister cleaning post brew this morning.

Tonight I had a Saison made from 2x dented Coopers cans of Draught lager. I complained about the denting (which was actually bloody awful, had to hack my way into the things) and got replacements.

So this was a 2x Can kit, made with a Belle Saison Yeast. As I tend to re-use yeasts these days, this made for a brew made at rather small marginal cost.

Very good it was (and is!) too. At temps circa 20-22C this yeast does not thow off a lot of esters, but the attenuation and the flavour profile still mark it out as being in the Saison style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just drinking a Woodfordes Admirals Reserve, been in the bottle just over 3 weeks but blimey, it's a good beer! The best kit I've done so far I think :)

A Coopers Selection IPA I brewed back in November with 1.5kg DME, dry hopped with Bravo and Equinox.

At the time the hops were way too bitter and really sharp for me. Tonight I've just braved it and it's turned out pretty pleasant. Maltier and darker than I would usually like but it's drinkable. Although my calculations have it at 6% or so.... Not that quaffable then!! :D

Hammer of Thor... Brewed to 19l instead of 23, tasty and strong! Force carbed In corney

how long did you leave it in your primary fermenter + did you second ferment or go straight to barrel + did you add sugar to your barrel ?

last night i had a pint of st peters ruby red from my king keg and turbo cider from a demijohn and a ginger beer from lidl.

the ruby red was warm as my king keg had been put outside as had to tidy up the kitchen and i can tell you there was more then enough carbonation in that barrel. the amount of pressure resulted in a rediculous amount of head on it ( i am in the bottom half of the barrel mind you now :p )

i then had the ginger beer as was curious about it but it felt like it was watered down a little and i only really got the gingery kick near the end but on a positive its made me want to make a good ginger beer - so i will have a look on here if someone has already done that.

the turbo cider was the game changer, 2 pints of that and i was well away - i made it weeks and weeks ago and never bothered to change the demijohn it was in just feeding it more sugar and then putting it in the sun for a bit every other week and its come out not too dry but not sweet - if that makes any sense:grin:

how long did you leave it in your primary fermenter + did you second ferment or go straight to barrel + did you add sugar to your barrel ?

2 weeks in primary then straight into a corny keg so no sugar involved just co2 pressure to force carb. Left in corny 7 days then drank!

I have another kit on the shelf waiting for when I run out of grains

2 weeks in primary then straight into a corny keg so no sugar involved just co2 pressure to force carb. Left in corny 7 days then drank!

I have another kit on the shelf waiting for when I run out of grains

have you the smaller corny keg or did you make less of the hammer of thor to make it stronger/better bodied

Latest posts

Back