What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently 'multi tasking'. I have a snoot of Jonny Walker Black (£10 off in T***o with a Clubcard) being raised to Absent Friends and Fallen Comrades and my Directors. The JW is just fine. The Directors is 'a work in progress'. One of my abiding memories of the early 80s (apart from a lass with large assets and low morals) is working in a Courage pub in South London (which closed after a shotgun murder). Directors had a tendency to low CO2 retention and a correspondingly small head and to me at least, dry back of throat flavour. The kit has come through with a low head and there is the hint of that flavour. I do find kits have a tendency to sweetness but this batch has potential to be, if not a true Directors clone, at least a decent pint. I have two kits in reserve as it has now been discontinued by Muntons.

Pip Pip

I'm currently 'multi tasking'. I have a snoot of Jonny Walker Black (£10 off in T***o with a Clubcard) being raised to Absent Friends and Fallen Comrades and my Directors. The JW is just fine. The Directors is 'a work in progress'. One of my abiding memories of the early 80s (apart from a lass with large assets and low morals) is working in a Courage pub in South London (which closed after a shotgun murder). Directors had a tendency to low CO2 retention and a correspondingly small head and to me at least, dry back of throat flavour. The kit has come through with a low head and there is the hint of that flavour. I do find kits have a tendency to sweetness but this batch has potential to be, if not a true Directors clone, at least a decent pint. I have two kits in reserve as it has now been discontinued by Muntons.

Pip Pip

I'm glad you're getting something approaching what you are after.
My memory of the early eighties Courage pubs is a little sketchy but I do recall a few people who liked a Directors. I wasn't keen, being mostly a lager drinker at that time. I forget what lager they had on but that's probably because their lager wasn't exactly memorable either. :laugh8:

Edit: Staying on topic, I had a pint of Wherry this evening. Now down to my last 10 bottles. Better get another one on!

Remnants of a 5l keg of St Peters cream stout pimped with coffee, dark chocolate and lactose. Only one bottle left when the keg kicks, but it's been superb!
DSC_1114.JPG

Quick try of the Christmas brew, Brewferm dubbel brewed up with dark dme 8.6% and tasting very good, great flavour bottled 6weeks, wish I’d used 330’s not the 500mls it’s a big hitter, role on Christmas! Cheers all

Attachments

• 88CC80D9-44F7-45B9-B119-CA13552D9D9B.jpeg
    88CC80D9-44F7-45B9-B119-CA13552D9D9B.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 55
Waiting for my Hoppy Copper to finish fermenting. But it's in an unheated room and taking its time. Having to make do with turbo cider in the meanwhile.

Brewferm Wheat tripel brewed with a little candy and muntons wheat spraymalt, 7.5%, bottled 4 months and very tasty! Cheers all

Cooper's Mexican Cerveza tonight. Nice and cold and fizzy. Refreshing and not too strong.

The Range, American IPA. It took 3 months to condition but tastes pretty good now. Guess what I'm brewing tomorrow.

Raipa.jpg

Bit of woodfordes Tinsel Toes 😉

Brewed short not a bad drop this batch won't see Xmas though 😁

View attachment 58388

I was coming in here to say I've just polished off a pint of the Tinsel Toes. I stuck an extra pouch of MJ's liquid malt into the brew to get it up into proper winter warmer territory, and it's comfortably the best kit beer I've made. Though @Beermonster66 - I can definitely see myself making Evil Dog (Mosaic Edition) once I place my next ingredient order :D

First taste of the Muntons Gold Old English Bitter and very nice it is too.
Lovely chestnut colour,malty ,slightly fruity and nutty with a lovely bitter aftertaste. It's been in the bottle for 3 weeks and had 6 weeks in the FV as was short of time to get to bottling. 3kg malt kit and I'm sure it will improve with time but it's already excellent.Well pleased, Good Health and happiness everyone :beer1:

Attachments

• IMG_20211211_195319.jpg
    IMG_20211211_195319.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back