What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down to the last few bottles of my Muntons New England IPA. Sitting watching the Everton v Liverpool game with one of them. There's no doubt that the hop aroma has now faded very slightly, but it's still a wonderful pint.

The last but one bottle of El Chupacabra Primo. It's a Wilko Cerveza kit but when I first made them I wasn't that fussed so when I made this one I just dumped a bag of regular sugar and half a bag of brown sugar in it. Of course once the first batch of El Chupacabra aged I realised it was tidy but I had already made this one by then.
IMG_20210220_183042.jpg

Small glass of Woodforde's NOG from a dark farm mini keg. It pours with a nice head which doesn't hang around too long. Well conditioned now and I'm really pleased with it. Better carbonation than the bottles, which I wish I'd put juat a little more sugar into.
_20210301_191732.JPG

Small glass of Woodforde's NOG from a dark farm mini keg. It pours with a nice head which doesn't hang around too long. Well conditioned now and I'm really pleased with it. Better carbonation than the bottles, which I wish I'd put juat a little more sugar into.
View attachment 42364
That's better carbonation, and an all-round better looking beer than the actual bottle of Woodforde's Nog I had last week!

That's better carbonation, and an all-round better looking beer than the actual bottle of Woodforde's Nog I had last week!
Cheers! I've never had the real thing, definitely need to find one from somewhere! I did a side by side last night with a glass from the keg and a glass from a bottle (same batch).
I prefered the keg, which has a way better head and marginally better head retention. I did increase the pressure to the keg slightly after first couple of glasses a week or so ago.
Overall you could tell the keg had bigger carbonation. I'd increase the priming sugar per bottle in future, i followed the kit instructions this time as first time with this kit.
I've enjoyed the beer though and would brew again, although I'm tempted by an admirals reserve, which I've not tried.

Wilko's ceveza made with beer enhancer, also known as **** water
What difference does the beer enhancer make? I had some good results with their cerveza, it needs to age a bit longer than others but I found it to be quite nice.

What difference does the beer enhancer make? I had some good results with their cerveza, it needs to age a bit longer than others but I found it to be quite nice.
I'm not sure as its the first time in trying the kit, I find it nice but a bit too watery

Cooper's Cerveza, bottled 4 months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_183212_compress4.jpg
    IMG_20210306_183212_compress4.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 57
First try of my rye mini mash pimped Wherry kit - very nice after just four weeks in the bottle - will try and leave the rest a few weeks longer.

Wherrye_Mar2021.jpg

The rye has added a little extra complexity, althought the major effect is an ABV of 6%!

Beerworks dark strawberry
Had a bit of a disaster with the priming whilst tweaking this, described Here.
But it's drinking nicely now :beer1:
_20210315_194435.JPG

Works virtual cocktail evening tonight so thought I would start early. MJ raspberry berliner weisse.
20210326_161909.jpg

Back