What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have over the last few nights been drinking the wilko chocolate stout. I did somewhat tinker with it by adding a 1kg brew enhancer and 500g of brewing sugar and on top of that prior to adding the yeast 60g of cocoa powder. Once fermented it was placed in a corny with 120g sugar for around 6 weeks. I must admit that I’m not a stout lover but admit it’s very very palatable.

Pre Xmas Woodfordes Admirals Reserve
Cheers all
IMG_20211221_193025.jpg

View attachment 61307
Muntons Gold 'Old English Bitter'...very nice.. cheers all, hope you're all wellathumb..
I've only done two kegs upto now all my other kits have gone in bottles.
One of them is the muntons old English bitter, its carbinating in the fridge while I'm away. Looking forward to trying it, if it looks as good as that I will be well pleased.

Hi @Mush59 , it's really good, malty and nutty with a lovely soft bitter edge.Its also improving with the conditioning in the bottle.I batch primed(20ltrs)with 53g of sugar. Didn't seem much but spot on for me.You'll love it, let us know how it turns outathumb..

1st brew ever down the drain tonight it was a coopers stout everything seemed as normal during the brewing process been in the bottle 4 weeks tried one tonight and its like a good quality vinegar opened a few and all the same don't know what's gone wrong this time guess its chips for a while to use it up and a deep clean of all my kit

Muntons Gold kit...Old English Bitter again, I'm loving it, malty,nutty and just a hint of caramel, one of the best kits I've done. Good health to all cheers:

IMG_20220128_210419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Mush59 , it's really good, malty and nutty with a lovely soft bitter edge.Its also improving with the conditioning in the bottle.I batch primed(20ltrs)with 53g of sugar. Didn't seem much but spot on for me.You'll love it, let us know how it turns outathumb..
I was on it again last night and your right, it's a cracking pint. Just gets better. I reduced the psi on the co2 and it was a better head. Even when I mentioned it lost its head quick it still tasted good. I bottled 6 pints, so I will give one of them ago in another week or 2 and see how that is.

I’ve got that Sunday night dread 😬, not looking forward to work tomorrow. So settling the nerves with a nice Festival Weiss Bier. Very nice.

Attachments

• EA07FA50-DB24-4B36-84B8-0A01BBBDD758.jpeg
    EA07FA50-DB24-4B36-84B8-0A01BBBDD758.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
Wilko Winter Ale Kit, first taste. Brewed in January, it has a slight twang similar to the Wherry that I did (I'm sure this Wilko branded kit is made by Woodforde's). Hopefully this will improve with more time. It came with a spice syrup to add after krausen which gives it a nice Christmasy flavour, although a bit early in the year now 🤣
IMG_20220228_162544885_HDR.jpg

8688F603-4F71-4093-87A5-D2BDA13DCA7C.jpeg

brewferm Belgian pils, lovely and clear, very clean taste but not a massive amount going on, be great on a v hot day but wouldn’t brew again without doctoring the kit with a few more hops, cheers all!

Last bottle of a Beerworks dark Belgian strawberry ale brewed in November 2020. This was probably my second least favourite kit of the 7 I did. I'm enjoying it more than I thought, seems the extra time has done it good. Previously there was an unpleasant slightly sharp note which seems to have gone and there's much more Belgian character left in the palate. Pleasent surprise 😊
DSC_1339.JPG

Latest posts

Back