What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hercule Saison from B2B.
Brewed it at a lower strength by leaving out some of the sugar, and it is smashing for a summer ale.

Also had a hobgoblin clone that didn't carbonate so well, still tasty though. Just suppose I will have to brew it again to get the carbonation better....Oh the hardship.

What am I drinking this afternoon?... well full roast is nearly ready and I started drinking a can of Fosters, 'shame on you, you might be thinking' I chose a foster to hide a home brew that I am also currently drinking... my Deeping light as I call it. I made it last 12th September using local wild hops, you cant taste anything of the hops or any bitterness at all BUT it turns out much nicer brew than the Fosters.... Must have more confidence in my own brews I think.

It's been a hard week so far so I have sunk 3 bottles of Coopers wheat beer and am now on the whisky. The beer has only been conditioning for about 3 weeks and I have to say it is quite palatable 🍻

A 750ml bottle of Leffe Bruin, while my first AG stout is cooling. Lovely

Young’s American IPA for me. Only a couple of weeks on from cold conditioning, so still very early to be drunk, but still pretty damn good.
Hi, I put this on yesterday and from practically min 1 the airlock has been going crazy - I’m not sure if this is because of the 20g of yeast or the fact I have done 23l in a 25l bucket. Did u have any issues? what day does it calm down?
Thanks

Sorry don’t know how to link this to the new thread but it’s a good beer
Got this carbing up now, how long has it taken to come good, looks a nice pint, I wasn't sure about the perle hops.

Getrbrewd neipa lovely pint 1 week in bottle I allways sample after 1 week to see how things are going very good by the look of this
20200504_151210.jpg

Gozdawa West Coast with additional Simoe hops. Five weeks in the bottle. A little bit vinegary if i'm honest. Maybe the bloody cat got into the garage again....:(

Mangrove jacks raspberry Berliner, quite tart but lovely.

lookjng to brew a Young’s American ipa but I only have space in a pressure barrel at the mo

I've got a Heart of England 2 Rabbits Hoppy IPA to try tonight, which has been conditioning for about 3 weeks.

Ive never tried on of their kits before and it might need a bit longer but temptation is getting the better of me.

I'm on a Chocmeister Stout which I think is Muntons under a Wilko brand. It's my first brew in a few years and I have mostly done stouts and porters with a few IPA's. I racked it to a PB, but I think I may have dodgy seals as I conditioned it a couple of weeks but no pressure. I took it from 1.044 - 1.009 in the FV however it has a sweet taste so I am wondering if the yeast was overworked in the 1st fermentation or if I should have conditioned it for longer. Anyhow - it's drinking well and I've got quite partial to it 😋

I was a bit disappointed with my IPA so perhaps it needs longer conditioning. The hops didn't come through much but I used a hop bag for the 1st time with this brew so perhaps they just didn't get the space they need.

I'll leave it for another 4 weeks and see how it goes. It is still drinkable though so no wasted effort!

Back