What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a bit disappointed with my IPA so perhaps it needs longer conditioning. The hops didn't come through much but I used a hop bag for the 1st time with this brew so perhaps they just didn't get the space they need.

I'll leave it for another 4 weeks and see how it goes. It is still drinkable though so no wasted effort!
My experience was that the impact of dry hopping slowly diminished over time, so that by four months it had virtually disappeared. So if that is anything to go by you might find the hops are even less noticeable in another 4 weeks time.

Last edited:
I’ve just been drinking a festival Razorback IPA made in January. I have to say that irs one of the best brews that I've ever tasted. Brewed a per kit but subsituted dried wheat malt extract for the brewing sugar (dissolved by boiling in water). I also primed using 15 grams per litre of wheat malt, again dissolved in a little water. I find the wheat helps retain the head. This is a really lovely citrusy IPA.

My experience was that the impact of dry hopping slowly diminished over time, so that by four months it had virtually disappeared. So if that is anything to go by you might find the hops are even less noticeable in another 4 weeks time.

Good point. I'll have to risk it though as I think it need longer to condition.

Beerworks chinook ipa. 2 weeks in the bottle and looking good. Still a while to go taste wise but very drinkable
20200522_183135.jpg

Just polished off my first keg of Coopers Stout and what a beaut! will be racking the St Peters cream stout after work.

Youngs Harvest Pilsener dry hopped with cascade pellets, now had a month in the bottle.
Very pleased with my first lager effort, this fermented down to 1.008, crystal clear, dry and crisp clean finish.
IMG_20200606_194858596.jpg

Coopers draught ale with a kilo of granular sugar and jar of golden syrup. This is the second time I've had it and been happy both times..

I'm having a Toad Spit Stout from The Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian and its a really tasty brew. I got it to 5.3% ABV rather than 5.8% in the book but worth doing again.

Festival Summer Ale, which was totally great. Finished the 19l keg tonight whilst the “left over bottles” are conditioning. Over the few weeks it’s got better and better. Have a Muntons Pilsner on the other tap. Been in for 5 days and not a patch (dry hopped with Saaz) - please tell me it’ll be THE summer drink?

Attachments

• AB04C937-4286-4586-8647-20088A4D9CB0.jpeg
    AB04C937-4286-4586-8647-20088A4D9CB0.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 123
Tried the muntons Pilsner this aft and was very good. Great drink - here’s to some warm weather!

Just polished off my first keg of Coopers Stout and what a beaut! will be racking the St Peters cream stout after work.
Crin, how does the St Peters cream stout compare to the Coopers? Tried the Coopers a while back and not all that impressed to be honest. Just no head to it at all, more like a glass of flat coke. I've seen loads of people post about how good it is but half of them agree it has no head retention so not sure why so many sing its praises. Would love to try another stout and was thinking of the St Peters?

Back