What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I leant down to grab a bottle of Coopers Toucan Stout out in the garage.

IMG20200726151022.jpg

Didn't see this on there until I'd picked it up.
Put it back and grabbed another. Very nice.
IMG20200726174659.jpg

How were you even calm enough to just grab another?

orange abbot... to start with!! after a 22 mile cycle ended up being a 25 mile cycle due to a head on car crash on my route home. only way back up a s0dd1ng steep hill. asad1

oops wrong thread!

A couple of bottles of Woodfordes Admirals Reserve, brewed on 04/05/20. Tastes quite nice with a nice bitter edge. Only slight issue, is it is still is a bit cloudy when poured but retains a nice head all the way to the bottom of the glass. This was my first ever attempt at home brew, so I can't complain really. All my subsequent brews are improving as I gain more experience!

Cheers.:beer1::beer1:

A couple of bottles of Woodfordes Admirals Reserve, brewed on 04/05/20. Tastes quite nice with a nice bitter edge. Only slight issue, is it is still is a bit cloudy when poured but retains a nice head all the way to the bottom of the glass. This was my first ever attempt at home brew, so I can't complain really. All my subsequent brews are improving as I gain more experience!

Cheers.:beer1::beer1:
Sounds good mate athumb..
I bottled my Admiral's on Monday (my 4th batch) so very much looking forward to trying it!

Hi Neil. As a matter of interest, does your Admiral's come out clear? If so do you add any finings or anything?
I did notice it was quite cloudy when I bottled it. I used a mixture of plastic and glass bottles, so have some clear glass bottles. I had a quick look earlier and it doesn't look as cloudy as it did on Monday after bottling. No I didnt use finings and I haven't got the means to cold crash.
My first batch was a Wherry, also done in May. And that came out the FV cloudy aswell, but it's clear now and tastes just as good as what you would get in a pub (if not better)! So I'm not worrying about it just yet athumb..

Latest posts

Back