What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of bottles of Woodfordes Admirals Reserve, brewed on 04/05/20. Tastes quite nice with a nice bitter edge. Only slight issue, is it is still is a bit cloudy when poured but retains a nice head all the way to the bottom of the glass. This was my first ever attempt at home brew, so I can't complain really. All my subsequent brews are improving as I gain more experience!

Cheers.:beer1::beer1:

Quite heartened now as I have just Bottled 18 x 1 Litre Bottles of Ad Res. Hadnt bottled anything for 40 plus years as everything goes in PBs. Its for mates Big Birthday celebs and at the same time I have put one in a KK Top tap

I have a Wherry and a Nelsons Revenge also in Barrels so well armed in the Woodfordes area.

Glad your first foray into Home Brew has paid off and there are loads on here that genuinely will put you right on any / most issues

PS my encounter with Bottling has ended - strictly a One off * for a specific event - and its back to PBs forthwith

Mangrove Jacks American IPA. The last kit I did before taking the plunge into all grain, been in the bottle for 4 weeks (was meant to be 6 but it was a nice evening yesterday....)

paid very close attention to fermentation temps this time as well as being careful not to over prime before bottling.
end result is very satisfying! Will be even better in a few more weeks I imagine

Technically not a kit but a teabag wine. Lidl lemon and ginger. Tremendously good !!
20200731_191644.jpg

Coopers hefe wheat. When I first tried it after conditioning thought I wouldn't be trying it again. A few weeks in and it's now a lovely pint and would defo try again

Looks very good, how's it going down?

It was very smooth with a slight ginger burn. Managed to get through 2 bottles before i realised how much I had drank lol. Passed a bottle to one of the neighbours and they loved it too.

:beer1:
IMG_20200807_205513.jpg

Wilko Copper Bitter...a bit bland , used 500g light DME with kit and 250g sugar, not cleared very well either, hope this one improves a bit with conditioning in the bottle.(It'll still get supped though either way !)

Wilko Aussie IPA special edition. First bottle test tonight. Only bottled a couple of weeks ago. Its quite nice but I can taste the priming sugar so needs another month I reckon. Luckily I have plenty of other beer.

I call it Dingo. Made custom labels and attached them with small pallet wrap so it's easy to remove.

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_191654_7~2.jpg
    IMG_20200821_191654_7~2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 72
El Chupacabra aka Wilko Cerveza primed with brown sugar. Finished at around 3.5% as I got carried away with the water. More like 4 after priming.

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_185744_0~2.jpg
    IMG_20200822_185744_0~2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 70
Back