What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be having a 750 ml bottle of my Evil Dog Double IPA in about an hour.
I am currently drinking a Young's London Special Rich and Hoppy Beer @ 6.4%.
Just reading the label on the back of the bottle, I didn't realise that the Young's Brewery, which was situated in Wandsworth, southwest London has closed and they are part of Marston's Eagle Brewery, Bedford!
A nice pint of ale though it has to be said...

A MJ Rye IPA bottled in April.

At first I thought it was infected as it was slightly medicinal and foamed massively when pouring. Now it's calmed a bit. It doesn't gush when I pop the cap and is probably just overcarbed. The medicinal taste has disappeared (If it was ever there) as I may have just mistaken it for the rye.

Master Pint bitter, been in barrel two and a half weeks now. Malty with dry finish and very enjoyable.
Added DME and some golden syrup to boost OG, ended up at around 5.6% after barreling at 1.007.
Dry hopped with EKG pellets, fermented and cold crashed in my new brewfridge.
Little bit of a London Pride taste to it ( at least in my mind ! )
IMG_20201003_202823309.jpg

Master Pint bitter, been in barrel two and a half weeks now. Malty with dry finish and very enjoyable.
Added DME and some golden syrup to boost OG, ended up at around 5.6% after barreling at 1.007.
Dry hopped with EKG pellets, fermented and cold crashed in my new brewfridge.
Little bit of a London Pride taste to it ( at least in my mind ! )
View attachment 33619
That looks good! Do you mind if I ask about the quantities of DME syrup and hops?

That looks good! Do you mind if I ask about the quantities of DME syrup and hops?

In addition to kilo of dextrose I used (aoorox) 300gm of left over DME, 250gm of golden syrup (remains of two unfinished tins filched from kitchen cupboard) and 25gm East Kent Golding hop pellets.
I often find kits have a slightly lower starting gravity than stated so add extra fermentables to get to my
intended OG, checking as I go.

In addition to kilo of dextrose I used (aoorox) 300gm of left over DME, 250gm of golden syrup (remains of two unfinished tins filched from kitchen cupboard) and 25gm East Kent Golding hop pellets.
I often find kits have a slightly lower starting gravity than stated so add extra fermentables to get to my
intended OG, checking as I go.
Thanks I was interested because I have read on here that golden syrup creates a dry taste but did not want to overdo it if ever I use it.

Festival dubbel, quite tasty though I did mis read the instructions and went a couple of litres over! Added 250 g dark DME needed using Up to compensate and 250 g smoked cherry wood malt as an experiment, worked well slight smoky background

Attachments

• 7231D9E5-D444-45E9-9025-B5E53ADEC2BA.jpeg
    7231D9E5-D444-45E9-9025-B5E53ADEC2BA.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 61
Belgian Tripel, 64 days in the bottle and not bad. That butternut squash is 36 cm high, 46 cm in diameter and 3 kg. I think the thermometer shows 64°F (18°C). I'm surprised that we haven't turned on the furnace yet. As a non-farmer, I'm also very surprised at how much spreading a butternut squash plant spreads, I mean, it took up a ridiculous amount of space.
busy photo.jpg

Latest posts

Back