What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've switched to Admirals Reserve now, really nice,I had a cider that I made from pressed foraged apples last year earlier as well...I've also had a day off from work ...I just don't care!!
Loving the Admirals Reserve.
Was a really fast Brew.
From pitching to drinking 17 days, clear as a bell and very tasty.
A great kit when you need a quick Brew. 👍👍

The one I've just had I bottled 14 months ago...conditioned beautifully now.2 bottles left. I bottled a Wherry kit today that I added a 20g cascade dry leaf hop to.Tasted lovely.

Beerworks dark belgian strawberry ale.
Bottled two weeks ago, nicely carbed, slight strawberry nose and sweet flavour. Also a slight sour note. I'll put the remainder away to cool condition until the new year now.
Bottled 5l like this and did a mini keg.
In the remainder I replaced the strawberry flavor with some dark cherry vodka and bottled in 330mls, an early bottle suggest they maybe under carbed though asad1
_20201128_182709.JPG

Festival Golden Stag, it was good right from the off, now it's conditioned for a few months it's excellent.Quite hoppy,great aroma,very refreshing.
IMG_20201204_201732.jpg

My beerworks dark belgian strawberry ale kit whilst putting up the Christmas decorations. Didn't quite manage to leave it until the new year, but It's definitely improved since I last tried it.

Hi @slowdave, does it taste like Shipyard? We're quite close to each other (when you're not in Warrington) as I live out near Mkt Harborough. athumb..

Hi,
It's a good shipyard copy but I wasn't as tight with the instructions as I could have been. This was the part grain kit - next time I will brew the all grain - probably for next summer as I have a few other DR kits to brew first.
I'm near Lutterworth most of the time, just work in Warrington for a couple of weeks per month.

Latest posts

Back