What Malt Mill?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritzpoll85

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking I need a malt mill to try and get better efficiency in my wheat beers. But I'm a bit flummoxed about what is good or not. For example, there's this one:

https://www.geterbrewed.com/3-roller-mill/
But I don't know who makes it, and if it will last a while. I fancied one that was motorised or that I can plug a drill in. Just worried about parting with tis much money and limited detail on who makes it. Has anyone got any recommendations?

I have a 2 roller Bulldog mill and it won’t crush wheat kernels. You might need to go for a 3 roller or splash out on a diamond mill.

Drop them a line and ask. It’s a lot of money and a fair Q. I have the 3 roller mill from themaltmiller and am very pleased with it. It appears to be bomb proof. I hooked it up to a motor and bolted it to a commercial service trolley. Totally OTT for my monthly brewdays but I do get a kick out of using it. Anyways, I can certainly recommend that one and it does look like the one Get er Brewed are selling.

Drop them a line and ask. It’s a lot of money and a fair Q. I have the 3 roller mill from themaltmiller and am very pleased with it. It appears to be bomb proof. I hooked it up to a motor and bolted it to a commercial service trolley. Totally OTT for my monthly brewdays but I do get a kick out of using it. Anyways, I can certainly recommend that one and it does look like the one Get er Brewed are selling.

I'd have bought the one from MM but it's been out of stock for many moons. Might drop GEB a line...

I have a 2 roller Bulldog mill and it won’t crush wheat kernels. You might need to go for a 3 roller or splash out on a diamond mill.
Mine does if you wet the grain first, hold on for dear life, and only feed the mill a little bit at a time 😬

Brew2Bottle are getting some in geared 3 roller, not sure on price.

001.JPG

Seems a practical arrangement. I have the same mill, what motor and trolley did you use, please?

It came back into stock and so I picked up one from MM. It's arrived without any instructions - how did you know how to build yours?

It came back into stock and so I picked up one from MM. It's arrived without any instructions - how did you know how to build yours?
I googled 3 roller grain mill and eventually found some instructions for a, I think, bull dog mill which looked identical. Just on a work call and didn't bookmark the youtube vid I used but this one looks like a very similar mill.

Back