What piece of equipment has become invaluable that you wouldn’t expect?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PTFE tape. I was tearing my hair out at a leak somewhere in my gas line (after already having lost most of the tank from the regulator not having been screwed on tight enough) that I couldn’t locate. By spending £1.80 on a roll of plastic from B&Q, I got the gas line holding pressure with the gas off for over a week.
Thanks! I have this from when sealing liquid stuff, hadn't even thought for the gas, but have noticed my flexible line loses pressure after a night when the gas is off. So I shall give this a go!

When I was brewing in the garage this pulley (replaced cord with paracord) was invaluable. I need to replicate it somehow for my outside brewing.
I have a used but serviceable Haltrac Hoist you might be interested in. I found an unused but ancient one on e-bay so replaced the one I use to hoist the grist hopper (dustbin) over my mash tun.

Yours for a tenner to include postage. If you want it start a conversation and give me your name and address .

I have a used but serviceable Haltrac Hoist you might be interested in. I found an unused but ancient one on e-bay so replaced the one I use to hoist the grist hopper (dustbin) over my mash tun.

Yours for a tenner to include postage. If you want it start a conversation and give me your name and address .
Thanks Mr Dodger for your kind offer! As it goes I have just been CAD'ing it up designing a brewing area to use up my 'spare' timber. So I should have something built to suit soon :). Thanks again though, very kind :)

IMG_1240.JPG

When you reach the age where opening jars and screw top bottles need more than your bare hands, tightening taps in Youngs pressure barrels, and then twisting the outlet so it points down, also needs some assistance. These two simple bits of kit are invaluable. The ‘C’ spanner with cut outs which engage with the two lugs was rather optimistically cut from plywood, and when that started to break up had sides added made from PCB (printed circuit board). The other tool is made from a bolt and a bit of broom handle.

Latest posts

Back