what regulator for mixed gas setup?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismo23

Reaction score
Hi all as tittle says what reg do I need, can I use a argon and co2 reg or is there a specific one I need, thanks

The pressure in a mixed gas bottle is MUCH higher than in a CO2 bottle. ( about 4 time I believe ) So the CO2 regulators may NOT be able to cope with the pressure and something will blow! With a bit of luck it will be the CO2 reg's safety valve, If you want to use a mixed gas bottle get a mixed gas regulator. Plus most mixed gas bottles have female thread connection, while co2 have male.

Note: If you fill a mixed gas bottle with CO2 then a CO2 reg would be fine.
You will have to have the thread adapter fitted in order to get it filled so you may as well use a CO2 reg.

Last edited:
I have just made the costly mistake of not doing my research...I was stupid enough to think that all regulators fitted all gas bottles. Doh.....I bought a co2 regulator, then went and got a 70/30 mix gas bottle thinking this would all be the same...but I was so wrong :-( anyway another mistake to learn by ;-)

Sorry for the late reply folks, thanks for info so an argon/CO2 female thread regulator wouldn't work then? Its all gobbledygook to me do you have a link to one for me lol

Latest posts

Back