what suppliers do we use

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza100

Reaction score
Would like to know where everyone gets there equipment, hops/grain from?

local homebrew store/favourite online shop.

who is best?

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to use Maltmiller until they took their recipe builder offline for months, as a result I moved to Geterbrewed who have largely the same stuff in stock but are considerably cheaper. Delivery takes 1-2 days longer but as long as you plan when you want to brew that's not a problem. GEB have made a couple of mistakes with my orders but they've always made things right within a couple of days, their customer service is really good and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I have always used The Home Brew Shop
Mainly because it was my local shop & I could cycle to it when it was in Aldershot.
Since it moved to the wrong side of Farnborough & I'm getting old, its now a real struggle to cycle there & get back with loaded paniers. Also there are a couple of very dangerous roads to navigate.
Since lockdown they are online only though, so now I feel free to widen my choice of supplier

Geterbrewed mainly, supplemented by Crossmyloof and occasionally Maltmiller.

I also bought my last lot of grain from Crafty Maltsters and think I’ll be using them for my base malts from now on because they are relatively local to me and I’ve had great extraction from them.

Geterbrewed mainly, supplemented by Crossmyloof and occasionally Maltmiller.

I also bought my last lot of grain from Crafty Maltsters and think I’ll be using them for my base malts from now on because they are relatively local to me and I’ve had great extraction from them.
I was looking at taking a trip over to Fife to pick up a bag each of their pale and lager malts. Do you know if they're still allowing pick up with the current covid restrictions in place for central belt (yes I know I could email them but I thought you might have experience of them recently), thanks.

Anna

Brew UK for me just because I kind of started with some of their packaged up extract and then AG brews. And I've accumulated quite a lot of loyalty points That said my v first order was the Irish one with a UK site which was also v good. Most recently I had my first ever malt Miller delivery and maybe I'm a tart for packaging but loved how it turned up - exact amounts weighed out with my name on!

I was looking at taking a trip over to Fife to pick up a bag each of their pale and lager malts. Do you know if they're still allowing pick up with the current covid restrictions in place for central belt (yes I know I could email them but I thought you might have experience of them recently), thanks.

Anna
I have no idea. I assume since Fife isn’t one of the areas under the increased restrictions that there is no change.

I have two sources. Yeast, hops, and finings from my Friendly Brewer, and grain and bits and pieces from The Hop Shop, Plymouth.
CD if you're on Dartmoor check out Tuckers malt in Crediton, i used to buy from there maltings in Newton Abbot but it's closed but now they get their malt from Warminster and sell in Crediton. I got a bag of MO delivered to Newton Abbot for free and it only cost £24 for 25kg.

I get Maris Otter from a local brewery by the 25Kg sack for £20
Most other stuff is from Geterbrewed, Yeast I prefer Malt Miller because they pack it well and send it out quickly by coureur
Otheres when I can't get stuff from the above.

CD if you're on Dartmoor check out Tuckers malt in Crediton, i used to buy from there maltings in Newton Abbot but it's closed but now they get their malt from Warminster and sell in Crediton. I got a bag of MO delivered to Newton Abbot for free and it only cost £24 for 25kg.
Thanks for that information. I used to get malt from Tuckers in Newton Abbot too. I must say I'm more than happy with Simpsons Golden Promise, which the Hop Shop gets, at the moment, but its always good to have two irons in the fire.

That is some great delivery given the time of year and how busy home brew shops have been this year.
Geterbrewed are by far the best for bulk hops that i have found, think they have upped their prices since i last ordered but at £38 for 1kg of citra, no complaining, when some places charge £7.50 for 100g.

I use the usual suspect but particularly like Malt Miller and Geterbrewed as they have custom all grain kit builders. Recently though I have being owing towards malt Miller due to their better range of hops in the build your own kit function, but they do tend to be a tad more expensive.

Worchester Hop Shop are also good, (their recipe kits are mostly based on GW recipes). Also use brew2bottle when I buy kits , and Crossmyloof for yeast and occasionally hops. Basically I will use who ever suits me on the day.

Local shops are out for some time unfortunately.
I have to say all the online stores I've used this year have been excellent I wouldn't want to pick one out I've used quite a few.

Used CML for the first time this week and found them excellent. Free Delivery and was delivered on time. Even kept up to date via email regarding the delivery possibly being late even though it wasn't. Very good customer service.

Back