What the hell is this?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GingaNinja

Reaction score
I'm currently making a cider for xmas, I basically did the brew, put it in the cupboard and then forgot about it as i was going on holiday, its been about 4 weeks and I'm home today so went to check on it and it looks like there is something growing inside, it looks like yellow stalactites :confused:

weird.jpg

S**t that looks like something from the film Alien, dont open that container if you do its possible it might disappear down your throat, contact NASA or the FBI NOW!

Looks like some thing Eddie Hitler would brew and drink !!! I have seen something akin to this creature stuck to the inside of a toilet bowl in a Bombay brothel,

It is a yeast growth, though I don't think it's the one you intended. It kind of resembles candida, yes the STD yeast. Quite likely to infect brews as lots of people have it in their digestive track and mouth, so it's basically everywhere. It does not have so much of an alcohol tolerance so it should die off soon. If it keeps growing it's likely something else.

Did you siphon by mouth by any chance?

i would say its some kind of Vinager yeast gremlin been trawling the net but yet to find any thing

I'll be honest, Id flush that down the toilet... But I would be worried it would crawl back up the U bend.

IN all serious I WOULD depose of it, If something like that grew inside it, I wouldn't risk it

Maybe a new line in pets, fill your Aquarium with rotten cider and keep STD fanny gremlins wonder how they breed :lol:

Latest posts

Back