What the hell is this?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, yes - candida albicans (the STD) is in about 80% of people's mouths.. So no worries. It's a very normal thing to have. Don't worry about the misses either - it's not an STD in that way. It's in the air everywhere. It becomes an "infection" if it takes over. With women it can be triggered by hormone balances and you can for example have it as a opportunistic pathogen in your intestines. In the latter case it's usually triggered by a broad spectrum antibiotic that killed your beneficial gut flora.

So don't worry about a thing. Also no need to have it checked out unless you are experiencing issues due to it (google candidiasis). It's not like you or the misses picked something up somewhere. Don't get medicines for it if you don't have issues with it, because it will simply kill it and 10 days later you will catch it again whilst making the left overs a little more resistent.

Though if your next brew has chlamydia, please see a physician and a marriage councilor.

The moral to the thread is what Professor pfeffer is trying to say dont give b**w Jobs and your home brew will turn out fine simples :lol:

Wash your mouth out with Listerine before gobbling the siphon tube. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ginga think your self lucky you found it in your cider, if you found it in your condom you would be in the s**t :lol:

Remeber this story with the woman who was always over the limit to drive because of gut fermentation. https://www.buzzfeed.com/catferguson/gut-brewery

Also someone found this in their cider
img_1549.jpg

Hi GN and the other participants, I just remembered this gem.

Any chance that I can use this thread in a presentation about food pathogens? (to highschool kids).

Back