What to brew with 3kg of free hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
DSC_2023.JPG
I came home from HB club Christmas party rather drunk and a bag full of hops. Duno what to brew now, I have a starter on of wlp001
Malts in stock
tons of marris otter.
Crystal 150 EBC 500g
Caramunich 2 600g
Dextrin malt 272g
Caramalt 500g
Carafa3 500g

Hops in stock
1kg 2016 belma alpha? Never used belma before??
1kg nelson sauvin year? 10.6AA
500g motueka year? 7.4AA
500g savinjski golding I'll probs use these in a stout
Fresher stuff i had in the freezer
62g Simcoe 2018 11.7AA
57g centennial BBC 2018 8.2AA
47g columbus BBC 2017 15.8AA

My previous 2 have been rather bitter west coast beers so thinking of something juicier. Who's got some ideas

I did a Belma smash last year and it turned out really nice. I found it more British-like than I had expected from the description but I only had 100g of it so a bit more might give it a bit more oomph.

I did a Belma smash last year and it turned out really nice. I found it more British-like than I had expected from the description but I only had 100g of it so a bit more might give it a bit more oomph.
Maybe a pseudo English ipa belma and Sav goldings which are apparently derived from fuggles.

You need to get a vacuum sealer, seal those and get them in the freezer.

I bought one that seals mason jars which works well.

All the Best,
D. White

You need to get a vacuum sealer, seal those and get them in the freezer.

I bought one that seals mason jars which works well.

All the Best,
D. White
I know it's on my list. think I'm Gona use the bits up as late additions in a dipa then go big on the dry hop with Motueka and nelson. I just created a new style new zeangland ipa

Latest posts

Back