What to drink when not drinking alcohol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to have a week or two off the beer.

Any suggestions on different drinks to try when avoiding alcohol?

(I'm not a big tea drinker and already drink lots of water)

A few drops of Angostura bitters in a glass of water might give you the bitterness you're looking for and is strangely nice. San Pellegrino Grapefruit is bitter and very tasty, as is their bitter orange flavour.

Alternatively, my dad swears by Bitburger drive, as it's the only alcohol free beer he can find which actually tastes like beer.

On the odd occasion I'm not drinking beer (mainly cuz I've run out of stock) I drink coffee
But not 'instant' I hope, even in the many glamorous forms it now comes :sick:
Buy a good quality coffee maker, some decent ground coffee (Lavazzo Rosso is a good start point), and hopefully you will never drink 'instant' again.

A Virgin caesar. Can get clamato juice in sainsbury I believe. It's quite a savoury drink.

Buy a good quality coffee maker, some decent ground coffee (Lavazzo Rosso is a good start point), and hopefully you will never drink 'instant' again.

Actually I dont mind instant coffee but I normally drink stuff made with a cafetiere

try the marks and sparks instant coffee as its lush :)

Actually I dont mind instant coffee but I normally drink stuff made with a cafetiere

Same here, i only drink coffee in the morning as a kick start to the day, i prefer tea later in the day and at night.

I've heard that cold brewed coffee carbed with nitro is tasty. Not had it myself but I think Dunkin Donuts might be offering it now.

Water or tea..I used to drink a lot of coffee but a couple of years ago had a chest infection which knocked me bandy and although unrelated somehow afterwards I couldn't stomach coffee. .
Suppose you could get some ASDA smart price bitter...you'd need around 60 cans to feel like you've had a drink!

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back