What to use Munich dark malt in

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought 3kg of some Munich dark malt from geterbrewed for a dubbel I wanted to brew, but only used 1kg for the recipe.
This now leaves me with 2kg I don't know what to do with! I hare having ingredients lying about, so want to use it up.
It was this stuff
https://www.geterbrewed.com/crisp-dark-munich-malt-ebc-40-50/
As i only have English hops (Admiral, challenger, ekg etc) and some centennial hops in stock, I'm not entirely sure what I can use this for.
Any ideas on what I would end up with if I chucked 1kg of Munich dark with 2kg pale and some ekg? A crappy mess, or something pleasant?
Help would be appreciated, or I might have to do an intermediate hbs shop and get some noble hops + yeast for a bock.

Soundsl good to me. I'll often do 2kg MO + 1kg Munich + flaked + english hops to produce a darker mild/bitter style brew

RichK's is a good suggestion I do a English ale/bitter and use the lighter munich but the darker will be fine if you like malty beers athumb..

Thanks guys
Looks like i'll be doing a dark bitter next time then! Must remember it wont need any crystal additions, or it'll end up rather sweet and cloying.

Back