What's on your to brew list?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_tea

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have a kind of lager or pseudo planned for my next brew but after that I'm out of grains so will need to order again. Looking for inspiration. I was thinking of trying my Baltic porter again soon but with cold steeped dark grains rather than late addition.

What have you got planned?

Baltic porter is a lager indeed, and cold steeping should take away the bitterness a bit. Having said that, have you considered something fruity, something Belgian yet? Or something light and fast to be ready to drink on hot August nights?

Baltic porter is a lager indeed, and cold steeping should take away the bitterness a bit. Having said that, have you considered something fruity, something Belgian yet? Or something light and fast to be ready to drink on hot August nights?
I tried a Belgian a while back but it didn't quite come out right. I may try again yeah. Light and easy to drink sounds up my street too.

I’ve got ingredients in to do a Belgian wit and Sorachi Saison and will get them on in a few weeks. After them I’m out of grain and need to order more, but think I might do another couple of lagers (a Mexican Cerveza probably because that was the first lager I ever did, and maybe a kellerbier if I’m brave or a German pils). We’ve also been growing basil on the windowsill and it’s going well so I’ve been looking into basil pale ale recipes. I’ll top it off with another batch of my good old APA recipe (if I can get hold of Falconers Flight, otherwise I might try some American hops I’ve not used before)

I have a Czech lager currently fermenting, and a raspberry Berliner Weisse and a Vienna lager conditioning (although I’ve had a few sneaky bottles of each - the BW is just about ready To drink, but the Vienna has a hint of diacetyl that needs a little more conditioning.

I’m drinking:
  • v2 of my ACAB citra blonde ale (name is because V1 was brewed for my mate’s stag do last year and he’s a policeman - it stands for A Classic American Blonde honest),
  • V4 of my Common People steam beer,
  • a 3 year old Belgian Dubbel and
  • a Frankenstein of an American IPA which was going to start life as an American wheat, but I used the citra in my blonde and had a load of Vienna left. Bought in some simcoe and cascade BBC planning on doing an APA with some wheat malt in it but it’s turned out much more bitter than planned so it’s now officially an IPA

Last edited:
I am at the end of my brewing cycle so need more base malt etc.

I think I will do a west coast IPA next followed by a Saison. Going to the winter I want to do a Sabro Porter but I did say to a mate I would do a porter with his honey. I also want a big juicy DIPA for Xmas.

Too many to list...

Got a pseudo bock and marzen planned with kviek when that arrives.

1. Juicebox Clone - Monday
2. Mosaic Pale Ale - Wednesday/Thursday
3. Belgian Dubbel - Saturday
4. Wee Heavy - Sometime the next week

1&2 with Kveik, fermented at 36c in a water bath, hopefully 1st brew will be done by the 2nd brew day, then brew my first belgian style brew for ageing, same as brew 4 in reference to the ageing.

About to reclaim my brew freezer now we are no longer stockpiling. First up I have the ingredients for an attempt at Campden Pale (Pilsner, munich, wheat, light crystal. Perle, Simcoe, Citra ). Taking a couple of days off so will get done sometime before Tuesday.

After that I have a packet of dried Voss Kviek to experiment with. Any suggestions for a brew to pop my Kviek cherry?

Next brew for me is going to be a big malty Festbier. I’ve been playing around with kolsch yeasts Wyeast 1007 and Safale K97 recently but for this one I’m going to try Wyeast 2308 Munich lager yeast. Looking forward to this one.
I’ve got four other brews that need bottling first. Two in the lagering fridge; A Vienna lager (k97) an Altbier (Wyeast1007) and two in the brew fridge; a pale ale and an NEIPA.

About to reclaim my brew freezer now we are no longer stockpiling. First up I have the ingredients for an attempt at Campden Pale (Pilsner, munich, wheat, light crystal. Perle, Simcoe, Citra ). Taking a couple of days off so will get done sometime before Tuesday.

After that I have a packet of dried Voss Kviek to experiment with. Any suggestions for a brew to pop my Kviek cherry?

High gravity, high temperature, and underpitch. So 5 gallons of barley wine, pitching at 35º should be a nice challenge :)

I had a pack of kveik, I split it in 2. One was a pale ale which was ok but nothing notable about it. The other (which is my most recent), a wheat beer, which tastes like old books. The taste is fading a bit but it's not very enjoyable.

I may give it another try at some point.

Latest posts

Back