What's on your to brew list?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a Weissbier waiting to be packaged, then a Belgian strong dark ale to brew......but then I'm not sure what next. Anyone got any inspiration?

Maybe a saison as something different, quick to condition and good for the hot weather? I’m going to have a go at something *really* malty next I think.

Maybe a saison as something different, quick to condition and good for the hot weather? I’m going to have a go at something *really* malty next I think.
Cheers, that was the idea for the wheat beer. I really must try to plan ahead better though and perhaps get into something of an annual brewing cycle in line with the likelihood that I'm gonna want something light and refreshing in the summer, and something to warm the cockles in the winter

I like a good malty beer, what have you planned. I have an American amber that is conditioning. First sample of it wasn't great. Needs more time

Cheers, that was the idea for the wheat beer. I really must try to plan ahead better though and perhaps get into something of an annual brewing cycle in line with the likelihood that I'm gonna want something light and refreshing in the summer, and something to warm the cockles in the winter

You should get some good inspiration from the beer comp on autumn beers at least!

Mine's pending...the Kveik being finished soon...after nearly 4 days at 35 there's no bubbles left...so I'll take a fg tomorrow...
I got a stout that's woken up again...was hoping to get it bottled.
Both are in a race for last bottles or a pb...that leaves me potless...unless I scoff a couple of gallons on my days off...
On the list..one of those dark wheats,a pilsner,a bitter,more pale,gallons of stuff!!

Got the ingredients for a cascade and Citra pale ale.
5kg of Maris otter
400g Crystal malt
200g Carapils

80g Cascade
Up to 150g Citra ( I won’t use all of this)
Hop schedule to be determined

MJ M44 yeast.
If you haven't brewed this yet, I recommend a fair dose of Vienna malt in there. Two years running I've done a Cascade + Citra APA/AIPA and it has been an absolute cracker. Fermented last year with CML Kölsch yeast, this year with Nottingham. Both have been good.

I've got a brew schedule that takes me out to July 2021!!!!

Mannheimer Braunbier
Helles Bock
Pale Biere de Garde
American Amber
English Porter
Belgian Pale Ale
Oatmeal Stout
Vienna Lager
Dunkelweis
Baltic Porter
Dortmunder
Mexican Style Lager
Munich Dunkel
Vienna Weissbier
Dark Biere de Garde
Winter Spiced Belgian Pale Ale
Xmas Belgian Dark Strong Ale
Dark Saison
Bottom of your list jumps out at me. I've been looking for recipes lately, do you have anything in mind for the Dark Saison?

Winter Saison ( more or less the recipe on homebrew association )

5.5kg Vienna
120g chocolate
120g special W
120g carafa 2
120g roasted barley cold steeped then added to the boil.

20 g Magnum @60 mins
500g dried prunes soaked in red wine@ day 14

Yeast WLP 670 farmhouse Brett Saison.
This will be aged for 12 weeks before bottling.

This is another beer I have never tasted never mind brewed.
So many mine are like that. I need to pull my finger out and order some or find an excuse for a trip to Belgium once the travel restrictions are eased.

Maybe both 😉

Winter Saison ( more or less the recipe on homebrew association )

5.5kg Vienna
120g chocolate
120g special W
120g carafa 2
120g roasted barley cold steeped then added to the boil.

20 g Magnum @60 mins
500g dried prunes soaked in red wine@ day 14

Yeast WLP 670 farmhouse Brett Saison.
This will be aged for 12 weeks before bottling.
That looks rich and moreish. Can almost taste it. That'll take a fair bit of conditioning.

For me, next brews will include - Darkstar Hophead clone revisited as since I did that last time found some really good intel from the actual brewer on another forum which whilst largely affirming some of my recipe from last time (eg they do indeed use blend of US04; US05 and Notty) gives some good extra insight. Also an 80 bob and have some liquid Scottish ale yeast in for that and also a proper Norther Brown ale - have seen chat on other threads about the Sam Smiths Nut brown one and I used to love that .

Lockdown Brewing Schedule

✅Brewed

✅✅Packaged

❌🍺All drunk

1. Sierra Nevada APA 21l ✅✅❌🍺
2. Tokyo Pilsner 21L ✅✅
3. Mango IPA 21L ✅✅❌🍺
4. Otter Ale 21L ✅✅❌🍺
5. Hoegaarden 22L ✅✅
6. Tribute 20L ✅✅❌🍺
7. Kolsch 22L ✅✅
8. Sweet Stout 10L ✅✅