What's on your to brew list?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kveik should be bottled tomorrow..my list is revised a bit...so good is the Tribute I've put that on the next brew day. Then probably an American pale again.

I have memories of going to the pub on a Sunday lunchtime, I was eighteen at the time, and enjoying a couple of pints of courage mild ale with my dad and grandad. That was +50 years ago, so my next brew is going to be my first mild ale. See how close I get to that Courage ale of 50 years ago :beer1: (1/10d a pint)

One of my more successful brews has always been "Ptolemy Tylers Innkeeper" (my TT Landlord style but more like 6% abv). Since I've now moved to lower ABV brews I now need to modify this accordingly to come up with a 3% version. First attempt in a couple of weeks. I've nailed down my grain bill to get to just under 3% but now need to experiment with the hop quantities.

An impressive list Cheshire if I may say. Very interested in your thoughts on the Raspberry Wheat beer ie any problems, it's on my to brew list and I've also been looking for an authentic Hoegaaarden recipe, first tried it in the 80,s whilst in Belgium, but since being taken over it seems to have lost some flavour in my opinion
No problems with either recipe and here they are
Hoegaarden 21 L
2500g Pilsner malt
1500g Wheat malt
250g Torrefied wheat
400g Flaked Corn
200g Rolled Oats
25g EKG @ 60m
15g Tettnang @ 15m
CML Kristallweizen
OG 1046
FG 1007
ABV 5.1%

Raspberry Wheatbeer 10 L
1500g Pilsner
1000g Wheat
200g Acid malt
10g Challenger @ 60m
CML Kristallweizen
OG 1058
FG 1012
ABV 6.0%
image.jpeg

21. Vienna Lager 21L
22. Cocker Hoop 21 L
23. Saison 15L
24. Lagunitas 21 L
25. Mango IPA 21 L
26. Kwak 15 L
27. Old Jock 21L
28. Northern Brown Ale 10 L

Christmas Ale. Hoping for dark and heavy with the spice mixture to be added when I prime for bottling. I think I read somewhere that adding the spice during the boil can lead to the flavours changing during primary fermentation. Also managed to char the spices on the bottom of the boiler last year. The beer smelled really nice but had a nasty burnt after taste, so bad it's taken nearly 6 months to get to the last bottle.

Next on the list for me is as follows.
1. Weissbier
2. Cider
3. Barley wine ready for Christmas.
Really looking forward to the Weissbier and the Barley wine, but avoiding drinking it until the winter will be difficult. However I feel it will need a long time to mature as it’s going to come out around 9.5%!!
The cider is just a MJ kit, doing that as a bit of an experiment to see if it is any good.

Sorry I'm a Newbie, my Festival summer glory was ready yesterday on a 2+2+2. Its great, but strong for a session beer 5.6 , my first brew, I'm so chuffed. Got a Canadian blonde with 1.2kg liquid malt extract + cascade hops in the waiting. Tasted one the other day and it was ok, so I'll leave that alone for a while. Just bottled a festival new zealand pilsner. Yesterday I started another coopers canadian blonde with 1kg light spray malt, it's bubbling away nicely, any suggestions on what hops to add? I'd like a refreshing summer session beer.

The list keeps evolving.

My pseudo marzen went awry as the yeast failed, added a molasses and Belgian Tripel yeast mix to save it turning it into what I've dubbed my 'accidental dubbel'

I've potentially got a Stranda Kveik NEIPA planned (with Citra, Mosaic, and El Dorado), a Huell Melon Vienna pseudo lager, and a red rye Sorachi Ace IPA.

All subject to change of course depending on what takes my fancy.

Latest posts

Back