Whats up with my brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I shyphoned it over to the bottling bucket, I kept the syphon tight to the side. I think the breakup is the hop cake moving, the white stuff broke into pieces, akin to flakes of soap. Bucket now filled with 30l of hot water and 60g of sodium percarbonate. Brew bottled. Is in lidded crates just in case.
I certainly hope it turns out great and it may well be so. I wouldn't do it, but if I were going to bottle an identical batch like the one you just did, I would take the same precautions.
To me, it's just not a chance I would take, where possibly a month or two down the road, I'd get gushers or a significant off flavor.
Luckily, I've never had anything but flat beer looking up at me on bottling day and if I did see something like the photos, I wouldn't keep it.
Folks have different views on it. It's just my opinion.

I have had a little white scum form on a Festival Summer Glory - recently bottled it and the scum has disappeared -beer tastes fine to me. My summer brew sorted.
It may as well be bottled and conditioned then see how it tastes

After a month in the bottle have to say I am pleasantly surprised given the angst bottling it. Its a headless brew, unlike the description taste wise its malty enough but for an apa, I'd have thought it would have been more hop forward. Happy to drink it mikd you
Cheers

Attachments

• 20220416_201739.jpg
    20220416_201739.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 7
After a month in the bottle have to say I am pleasantly surprised given the angst bottling it. Its a headless brew, unlike the description taste wise its malty enough but for an apa, I'd have thought it would have been more hop forward. Happy to drink it mikd you
Cheers
Great to hear. It goes to show that the "if in doubt, bottle it" approach is a reasonable one.

Back