What's your earliest memory?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
I can remember been in the pram and looking out wondering where my parents are, then i seen them both and somehow knew my dad was in trouble :lol: I mentioned this to them both one drunken Christmas night and they both looked at me shocked. My dad had went into the bookies to place a bet and when he was inside my mother walked down the street. Obviously he got the "picture with no sound" treatment for about three weeks :lol: :lol: The 90s are a complete blank to me :roll: :lol:

Pulling my Granda's cup of tea over on myself and crawling round with no nappy on, I must have been only months old.

There are certain parts 2002 - 2005 that are a complete mystery to me - least said soonest mended :roll:

Jees! you guys have early memories :shock:

My earliest memory is when I was 5 years old, 1st day at school, some girl asked if I wanted to see her moneybox, thinking it was going to be very similar to the clay piggy bank I had I dived under the table with her.

You can imagine the shock! Dirty, Dirty Girl!

Wez said:

My earliest memory is when I was 5 years old, 1st day at school, some girl asked if I wanted to see her moneybox, thinking it was going to be very similar to the clay piggy bank I had I dived under the table with her.

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They told me i was only about 6 months old :shock: and it's hard believe even for me if you seen how my memory is since that, i must have burned it out at an early age :lol: :lol:

Are you still shocked by a girls moneybox :D

:lol: :lol:

My earliest memory was when i was 3 or 4. playing with stickle bricks and a yellow peddle car.

I've not got much memory of my childhood, but the one moment that sticks out, and i'm reminded of every time i brush my teeth was when i fell off a scooter face down (the front brake gripped and sent me over the top) and smashed my front tooth in half. it was an adult tooth so i guess i must've been about 8. got a cap on it now, but the memory still haunts me
:(

My earliest memory is wondering what the bright yellow/black buzzing thing was and cupping it in My hand. I was in swaddling clothes and fortunately don't remember the pain.

Funny but wasps don't really bother Me and I don't have a fear of them now !

Having just learned to walk, escaped out of the back door in my pants and sat on the frozen ice surface of a sunken bath that was our fish pond. (photo to prove it) and never been the same in that region since. Just as well it was frozen!!

Wez said:

Lucky git. The only moneyboxes I saw during my formative years had a couple of staples in them!

A T said:
Go on show us the pic :lol: :lol:

I'll try and dig it out, it'll be 50 years old now so the embarrassing factor will be gone.

j.b.

Earliest memory-probably waking up this morning. :lol:

Unfortunately my earliest memories are of my mum and dad fighting. My Mum is a horrible old cow. My Dad is the salt of the Earth.
My fondest earliest memory is my Grandad teaching me to swim though. I was very young and remember being thrown into the swimming pool and my Grandad beconing to me to swim back to the side of the pool. The smiley proud face is how i always remember my Grandad. :D

I think I was about 13. My dad got me a kitten and we walked home from the breeders house.
It was freezing cold and the kitten was in my coat pocket.
She lasted ti'll I was 29.....gone but never forgotten!

We lost one of ours a couple of years ago that we got when we moved into the house (Literally the day we moved in) 20 Years ago . . which made him 18 . . . I was surprised he made it that long as he really started to look tatty at around 12. Just went out one day and never came back.

I think my earliest memory is my first day of school . . . . I can remember sitting with my mum waiting to sign the roll . . .. . and then later trying to persuade my older friend that I was in a different class after lunch

AT's pram memory brings back a story my mum retold me recently. She went into the laundrette to do the washing (she had my brother in the washing basket so took him in with her) but, left me outside in the pram.

Apparently I got snatched - the first she knew was when a man came in and asked if anyone had lost a boy in a pram as he'd accosted a youth running down the road at speed with me :shock: Needless to say I was too young to remember.

My first real memory is hiding my trike in the bushes when my mum called me in for tea. When I went back outside, someone had smashed it up. I think I was 3, maybe 4 :( That's what you had to deal with growing up in Chertsey...

Buzz said:
AT's pram memory brings back a story my mum retold me recently. She went into the laundrette to do the washing (she had my brother in the washing basket so took him in with her) but, left me outside in the pram.

Apparently I got snatched - the first she knew was when a man came in and asked if anyone had lost a boy in a pram as he'd accosted a youth running down the road at speed with me :shock: Needless to say I was too young to remember.
Obvoiusly after closer inspection the youth decided to return you :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back