What's your fave beer glass shape?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirebladeAdam

Regular.
Reaction score
IMG_20200908_112843.jpg
mine is this Nonic shape. Perhaps because it's the pint glass of the pubs in my youth.
What does everyone else use? Do you always drink pints?

I’m one of these fannies who likes different shapes for different styles. My favourite and most versatile glass is probably my Spieglau tulip that gets used for all sorts - APAs, Belgians, Witbier (After my Spieglau wit/American Wheat glass broke) and sometimes a blonde ale or Vienna Lager.

My other “regular” glasses are:
  • A Tennants Dundee pint glass that I use for pale lagers And blonde ales
  • A Disneyland handled stein that I use for German style beers (lager and Kölsch)
  • A spieglau IPA glass for IPAs
  • A Shaker pint glass that I use for English ales (it’s branded from a small microbrewery my parents visited a year or 2 back called The Old Dairy. I think it’s in Kent)
  • A Spieglau hefeweizen glass
  • A 330ml Palm tulip that we brought back from Belgium 20 years ago and I saved from my parents house before it was taken the charity shop last year. I use it for stronger beers in 250ml/300ml bottles like commercial Belgians and my current saison.

Last edited:
Very good; I like the Erdinger glass that looks great. I don't think it makes anyone 'one of those fannies'! I think you've got exactly the right idea, (when I think about it I do it with wine - using probably the wrong glass but it works for me) and so what I've learned from your post is that I'm not drinking enough variety.
I'll fix that, starting with wheat beer next time I see some

I actually was thinking about starting a bit of a glass collection to go with all the different beers I’m brewing now so I’m intrigued!!! Needs lots of pictures though so I can make some decisions!!

I currently have 5 different types although have no idea what their proper names are.... other than the stein and pewter tankards

IMG_20200924_110450.jpg
this is a stein I got from Lidl... I've got a few, they hold a litre! And they came with a litre can of German beer that I didn't think much of, but really I got them for the glasses! I think I've used one once!

Beer dependent for me too, but if I were only allowed one glass for the rest of my days it would be a Willi Becher pint glass.

I used to have an old school Isle of Man pint glass. All the pint glasses on the island used to have the three legs of Man etched into the bottom in white, I had it for years but broke it years ago. 20 years ago! It came from a time when plastic pint glasses weren't a thing. I must Google to see if there are more out there

The one on the left, the wheat beer glass is my fave for all styles. It well oversize meaning you can get a full pint with a decent head and there's something about the way the last mouthful tends not to become flat.
Yeah it’s decent for £1 from the charity shop
Saying that it was probably mine anyway from when swmbo cleaned out the big shed

Nice tankard, and the Stella glass looks very inviting. I had a good tankard, it started to leak sadly so it now is on my desk with pens in.
Nice cat

Latest posts

Back