What's your fave beer glass shape?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the short and fat camden hells pint glasses

41siUlUfSEL._AC_UL320_SR298,320_.jpg

Theres something satisfying about drinking from one
As a man with a big nose, this looks a good plan. I can't really use champagne flutes unless I'm lying on my back

F0AC11EA-2D47-478B-9DE7-8483661A9623.jpeg
Ive always being a fan of the traditional beer jug something satisfying about drinking out of them.

45A7CE38-2719-42C1-BB7B-E49F0D656774.jpeg
Also becoming a big fan of these tumbler style glasses that a lot of the newer breweries are selling, this one from Salt is particularly good in that it fits a 440ml can comfortably with a little room for the head.

I’m one of these fannies who likes different shapes for different styles. My favourite and most versatile glass is probably my Spieglau tulip that gets used for all sorts - APAs, Belgians, Witbier (After my Spieglau wit/American Wheat glass broke) and sometimes a blonde ale or Vienna Lager.

My other “regular” glasses are:
  • A Shaker pint glass that I use for English ales (it’s branded from a small microbrewery my parents visited a year or 2 back called The Old Dairy. I think it’s in Kent)
Yep, that's an Old Dairy Brewery glass from Tenterden, Kent.
In an industrial unit behind the enthusiast run Tenterden Steam Railway station, below the High Street.
I was 100yds from it this morning.
Good beers, names all themed with different milk bottle top colours.
Blue, Red, Gold, Green - you get the idea.

Yep, that's an Old Dairy Brewery glass from Tenterden, Kent.
In an industrial unit behind the enthusiast run Tenterden Steam Railway station, below the High Street.
I was 100yds from it this morning.
Good beers, names all themed with different milk bottle top colours.
Blue, Red, Gold, Green - you get the idea.
My parents went to see friends in Salisbury and did a mini-tour of that part of England for a week as well and visited the brewery. They brought me 4 bottles back with the glass.

I like the Conic too; it won't slip out of your hand. I also like the straight-sided version which is called a skiff?
For a strong beer I like a 500ml balloon glass, I think meant for red wine.

Didn't know it was called a skiff, so that's good to know.
Have you seen a Kwak glass? It's apparently designed so that the last bit tastes as good as the first bit. I'll post a pic when I've found one

Much smaller! I've drunk Kwak in Belgium out of one of those, it tastes of cherries if I remember rightly. Long time ago!
Time I went back really! Beer tour

Check out that half pint Nonic! Been a few years since I saw one of those. I like the dimpled ones but I prefer pints with no handles

I still have a fondness for those dimple mugs until they made them oversized which spoilt their proportions. you could hold them by the safety handle when squiffy or on the opposite side when composed and artful.

Back