Whats your fave beer to brew ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirehomebrew

Regular.
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you all preferred to brew and drink as we all have our preferences.

Also can you include your fave hops and why, ta !

Blonde, hoppy (more as in bitter), Belgian styles (Duvel, Westmalle, single blond beers), with English hops, Challenger, Fuggles, EKG. But I also brew a nice bock and doppelbock. But for that I use Magnum or Merkur.

Drink: anything I can get my hands on that I haven't drunk yet, although NEIPA and so called 'juicy beer' styles turn me off, its either beer or soda, but not both. I had a so-called sour a couple of weeks ago, but it tasted more like 'lime-onade' than beer.

I like most styles. Still learning so keeping it simple. I like stouts,UK and American pales,bitter. Don't mind a wheat either. Hops...EKG,brambling cross,fuggles,Simcoe,amarillo, Columbus,cascade...probably missed some!

Hmmmm. To brew I guess I go with what suits my preferred packaging method - bottling. I've really enjoyed brewing and drinking Saisons and American style pale ales with late / dry hopping. My best beer to date was a rye (20%) pale dry hopped with amarillo.

Hop-wise I always have magnum in stock. Clean smooth bittering.

To drink. If I'm in a pub that serves cask ale that is what I'll generally go for. Commercial bottled versions of English ales are poor imitations IMHO.

Only done a few at the moment but must admit that I am enjoying the latest Amber Ale that I have done for taste, carbonation and bitterness. I have only used the kits so far and not moved away from them, but will do. I have an English bitter to do with a LME and set of hops. I cannot wait to do that as it will be the first with hops.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Coopers Australian Pale Ale/Tin LME/Dry Hopped with Citra - 20L, sorted.
or
SMaSH - Challenger

I love to brew Saisons, they're just so varied and forgiving. Hops, I love to mix it up with US and new world hops, or anything a bit on the fruity side, my fave though it's a toss up between Mosaic and Citra. I regularly brew golden ales too, they're best done during cooler weather though.

Drinking, my absolute favourite beer is Titanic Plum Porter. One day I WILL clone this. I also enjoy a nice coffee porter. Not brewed a porter yet though as my wife just isn't a huge fan of porter, so been putting off brewing one. This WILL be rectified in time.

My Favorite brews are... Brown Ale... Mild Ale... and English IPA for contrast.

My favorite hops are... Bramling Cross... Fuggles... Goldings... I also love chucking Hersbrucker and Saaz into Pale Ales.

That titanic plum porter is good...I reckon ....GH porter and bung in some plum essence...there was a good essence mentioned on the forum a while back...

I loved doing my California Common, but the poor AA yield on the 2017 Northern Brewer harvest has put that on hold for this year.

I also like making APAs, and recently found my hefeweizen to be the simplest and quickest turnaround brew I’ve ever done.

Favourite hops? Citra, mosaic, falconers flight, cascade

Back