What's your favourite Christmas tipple ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B52's here.
A layered cocktail - Kahlua on the bottom, Baileys in the middle, topped off with Grand Marnier. Yum!

Failing that, a Port and Brandy...

Bottle of Stones ginger wine for whiskey Macs, bottle of Mount Gay rum, bottle of Cuervo Gold and choice of my own
pale ales,bitters and stout.

Then there is whatever the rest of the familly want - my daughter mixes a mean cocktail !

Breakfast is usually a large sloe gin whilst opening prezzies.
After that it'll be whatever homebrew I've got in, which this year looks like 1823 Cobb & co Amber small beer. And another one I won't mention because of the Secret Santa...

B52's here.
A layered cocktail - Kahlua on the bottom, Baileys in the middle, topped off with Grand Marnier. Yum!

I used to occasionally (honest ossifer) drink a mixture of one part cointreau, one part creme de menthe and one part vodka, it was known as a breathilizer buster.

Try cointreau and tia Maria...tastes like Terry's chocolate orange.
Another head banger...vodka and Southern Comfort.. Southern Freeze...turns your lips ice cold as it evaporates!
Ever had a red witch? Half a Stella,half merry down with a rum and blackcurrant thrown in...get proper wasted!

B52's here.

I used to quite partial to a flatliner in my yoof - sambuca in the bottom of the glass, a layer of Tabasco sauce, topped off with tequila. Must try one again for old times sake!

I tend to start on home brew,move to a few whiskies in the late afternoon (I might not do this ) then back to home brew...then it sort of descends into carnage. Falling asleep and over are normal as is getting a "second wind " after forcing down loads of "buffet food" on top of a roast dinner. And cheese...lots of smelly cheese and pickled onions.
I cant blinking wait!
Sounds exactly like my Christmas Day Clint. Except it starts with Prosecco at breakfast.

Red wine with dinner, Port with Cheese and homebrew the rest of the time - I used to drink Brandy but after the first christmas with my now wife when I drank brandy on both christmas and Boxingday and threw up the next day on both occasions, I am banned from it entering the house...except for a tiny bit on the Christmas pud (from the same bottle I had 17 years ago!)

at least a couple of malt whiskys talisker,ardbeg,laphroaig,dalmore

Attachments

• 2019-12-22 12.50.08.jpg
    2019-12-22 12.50.08.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23
Vodka martini for the morning, red wine with lunch, a couple of beers and maybe a jack daniels or two in the evening.
If I have a plate of cheese for supper it comes with a glass or two of port

Back