When and how to add chocolate to a red wine kit please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootcutboy

Reaction score
Howdy all!

I have a “Make your own red wine” kit from the Range and I really want to add a “hint of chocolate” to it as it seems to be I like a lot of commercial reds with a taste of choc.

Can anyone advise me whether I should used grated dark choc or cocoa powder, and what % of dark choc I should use. Also and more importantly how to add, and when to add this to the making of the kit please?

thanks so much in advance for any help you can offer! Loving this forum chaps

IMO not a good idea but I am not one to tell people not to experiment.
By all means just not with it all if its a 23ltr kit just do one demijons worth and see how it goes but still doesn't sound a good idea to me

Haha, woah sounds like I’ve rocked the boat a bit with this. Probably best I just forget all about the idea then and as An Anjou said just drink wine whilst happily eating choc.

I have made this kit several times and they descried perfectly below which is great if like us you don't like a full bodied red, i would drink the wine as is then maybe experiment next time when you know what the original tastes like.

Information
This Red Wine Kit brews a light-bodied, fruity, easy drinking, dry red table wine. This make your own red wine is structured and lightly oaked with intense, ripe berry fruit flavours that vividly reflect blossoming fruity berries at their best. This particular red wine from our selection of home brew kits is a great accompaniment to food and will be ideal to sip on whilst eating a meal. That isn't to say that this red wine can't go it alone, as there is more than enough flavour and delight for it to be enjoyed on its own.

Latest posts

Back