When is a Corny Keg empty?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it does look simple, but I'd like to hear some feedback from anyone who's used the ball and keg method with closed transfer.
I've only used it once so far but am pleased with it. I put the "pingpong" ball in the keg when I filled it with Starsan. I then pumped out the Starsan with CO2 and filled the keg with beer. The supplied magnet easily found the "pingpong" ball and stuck to the side of the keg, and then I swapped the big magnet for the little ball magnet. It's very easy for the little ball magnet to get dislodged if the keg is moved or even jogged, but once in position it works well. You don't have to use their supplied big magnet. I found it easier to locate the floating ball with a neodymium magnet I have lying around. You can just see the little red ball magnet in this picture above the gas hose.

I had fiddled around for ages with polystyrene balls with screws stuck in them, trying to achieve the same result, but it was very hit or miss and I'm glad I finally forked out for this one now.

Attachments

• Keg ball.jpg
    Keg ball.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back