Where can I get a rye ale extract kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the basic problem is that the UK isn't that into rye as an ingredient and AFAIK none of the British maltsers make a rye malt extract. I think the only people that do are Briess (CBW) so you'd need to find someone that deals with them and maybe get some in as a special order. But given the general logistics chaos at the moment, retailers seem to be using them less and less, your best bet is probably to do a simple brew-in-a-bag (BIAB) all-grain recipe (see eg here) such as one of the Malt Miller kits - Denny Conn's Wry Smile is pretty popular Stateside :

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/?s=rye+malt&search_id=1&post_type=product

Thank you both, but I don't want to go beyond extract kits at the moment.

I think the basic problem is that the UK isn't that into rye as an ingredient and AFAIK none of the British maltsers make a rye malt extract. I think the only people that do are Briess (CBW) so you'd need to find someone that deals with them and maybe get some in as a special order. But given the general logistics chaos at the moment, retailers seem to be using them less and less, your best bet is probably to do a simple brew-in-a-bag (BIAB) all-grain recipe (see eg here) such as one of the Malt Miller kits - Denny Conn's Wry Smile is pretty popular Stateside :
I brewed a batch of that with the Briess extract that turned out quite good.

Back