Where do you buy hops?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Grealish

Reaction score
I am getting together the ingredients for some brews, a couple of which will be very US hop heavy. I used to use Malt Miller but have recently found his hops very expensive plus I don't order enough to get free delivery. I changed to Brew UK but the order came with split bags of grain (to be fair they replaced them the next day) so I'm looking for another option. I use whole leaves.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
Generally I use geterbrewed but they mostly have pellets as opposed to whole leaves. I've had good experiences with the-home-brew-shop.co.uk. They have a lot of leaf hops (and pellets for that matter) and their service has been good.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
I use Geterbrewed for most things ( although I hate the fact they use Parcelforce).

For anything I need to order last minute, or for hops GEB don’t have (usually Falconers Flight) I use CrossMyLoof.

Again, I only use pellets.

Grealish

Reaction score
Do GEB charge postage regardless of the value of the order? Bearing in mind I think I could save more than that just on hops.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
I jump between the homebrew company.ie and CML online.

Ben034

Regular.
Reaction score
Crossmyloof if you just want hops as price includes postage and is reasonable and quality seem to be good

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
Do GEB charge postage regardless of the value of the order? Bearing in mind I think I could save more than that just on hops.
Yes, I think it's £5.95 whatever you order up 30kg. Unless you're ordering >30kg of hops it should be alright. Check their website just to double check though.

HarryFlatters

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mostly use Crossmyloof, I think the prices are reasonable considering postage is free

the baron

Reaction score
I use HBCompany and CML for smaller hop orders I also use Minch malt as my go to base malt and have never had a problem with it and either company generally

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Generally I use geterbrewed but they mostly have pellets as opposed to whole leaves. I've had good experiences with the-home-brew-shop.co.uk. They have a lot of leaf hops (and pellets for that matter) and their service has been good.
..... and both those companies offer kilo bags at good prices, although not across the entire range.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the Worcester hop shop and CML. The former when I buy grain, the latter any time but they are more expensive.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
If you want English hops in bulk (500g of leaf) Stocks Farm is great. They knock out last years model for £12 a bag.

Latest posts