Where do you buy hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grealish

Reaction score
I am getting together the ingredients for some brews, a couple of which will be very US hop heavy. I used to use Malt Miller but have recently found his hops very expensive plus I don't order enough to get free delivery. I changed to Brew UK but the order came with split bags of grain (to be fair they replaced them the next day) so I'm looking for another option. I use whole leaves.

Generally I use geterbrewed but they mostly have pellets as opposed to whole leaves. I've had good experiences with the-home-brew-shop.co.uk. They have a lot of leaf hops (and pellets for that matter) and their service has been good.

I use Geterbrewed for most things ( although I hate the fact they use Parcelforce).

For anything I need to order last minute, or for hops GEB don’t have (usually Falconers Flight) I use CrossMyLoof.

Again, I only use pellets.

Do GEB charge postage regardless of the value of the order? Bearing in mind I think I could save more than that just on hops.

Crossmyloof if you just want hops as price includes postage and is reasonable and quality seem to be good

Do GEB charge postage regardless of the value of the order? Bearing in mind I think I could save more than that just on hops.
Yes, I think it's £5.95 whatever you order up 30kg. Unless you're ordering >30kg of hops it should be alright. Check their website just to double check though.

I use HBCompany and CML for smaller hop orders I also use Minch malt as my go to base malt and have never had a problem with it and either company generally

Generally I use geterbrewed but they mostly have pellets as opposed to whole leaves. I've had good experiences with the-home-brew-shop.co.uk. They have a lot of leaf hops (and pellets for that matter) and their service has been good.
..... and both those companies offer kilo bags at good prices, although not across the entire range.

I used the Worcester hop shop and CML. The former when I buy grain, the latter any time but they are more expensive.

Latest posts

Back