Where do you get your stuff from?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymoz-70

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering where you buy your Hops and Grains from. Especially if you live in the North west of England. Do you get them online? Or from a home brew shop? Just asking because im stepping up from kits to all grain and no one seems to stock them near me. One shop closed who did stock them. And the other one around 20 mins away doesn't stock them only kits and equipment.
Cheers Andy

I get my regular 'big' usage malts from the North West forum group buy. For me Maris Otter, Pale and Pilsner in 25kgs
Our group buying power gets us very decent prices, but it really depends if you will get through a sack in a year or so.
For less than sack quantities of crystal, wheat etc CML and MaltMiller typically.

Forum Group buy is here April 2021 North West & Midlands Malt Group Buy

Hi guys just wondering where you buy your Hops and Grains from. Especially if you live in the North west of England. Do you get them online? Or from a home brew shop? Just asking because im stepping up from kits to all grain and no one seems to stock them near me. One shop closed who did stock them. And the other one around 20 mins away doesn't stock them only kits and equipment.
Cheers Andy
Where are you Andy?

I get my regular 'big' usage malts from the North West forum group buy. For me Maris Otter, Pale and Pilsner in 25kgs
Our group buying power gets us very decent prices, but it really depends if you will get through a sack in a year or so.
For less than sack quantities of crystal, wheat etc CML and MaltMiller typically.

Forum Group buy is here April 2021 North West & Midlands Malt Group Buy
Cheers will check that out 🙂

As above Crossmyloof for hops and yeast but grain is expensive from them, geterbrewed, the malt Miller, the home brew shop, Worcester hops. There are some discount codes in the sponsor forum section

I’m thinking of contacting a local micro brewery to see if I can buy grain from them. Has anybody done this with success?

I used to live in Adlington and worked for British Leyland. There's a homebrew shop in Bolton and one in St Helens but I buy online from Geterbrewed, the homebrew company, or Crossmyloof.
I said Chorley but it's actually top Adlington i live! Small world. Yes know where British Leyland used to be. I'll check that website out. Thanks for that 🙂

As above Crossmyloof for hops and yeast but grain is expensive from them, geterbrewed, the malt Miller, the home brew shop, Worcester hops. There are some discount codes in the sponsor forum section
Thanks for that steve much appreciated. I also thought of contacting micro brewerys to see if they would supply small amounts. Theres a few near me. Worth a try especially if you pick up some of the beers while you're there 😉

What breed of dog is that?
I used to live in Adlington and worked for British Leyland. There's a homebrew shop in Bolton and one in St Helens but I buy online from Geterbrewed, the homebrew company, or Crossmyloof.

I lived in adlington for a good few years in the late 70's castle drive.
Cracking little village, went to school in chorley.......ah the good old days of freedom eh.

Thanks for that. Just put in an order from them this minute 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-124239_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-124239_Gmail.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 105
I'm in the NW too (Wigan, so not far from you guys). I tend to mix between between buying online and I also use the shop in St Helens. I always feel we should, in general, support local shops which are struggling against online sales.

I'm in the NW too (Wigan, so not far from you guys). I tend to mix between between buying online and I also use the shop in St Helens. I always feel we should, in general, support local shops which are struggling against online sales.

Going to nip to the one in St Helens next time im in the area. Yes not many home brew shops left now. Seem to be dying out. I like to have a walk round and ask rather than just clicking online

Latest posts

Back