Where to buy grain for recipes?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabby

Regular.
Reaction score
Since The Malt Miller no longer allows you to order less than 500g of grain whilst it works out how to build a recipe builder again, and BrewUK just spins and spins and spins and never actually saves a recipe - Where can I build and buy per recipes grain?

I don't want to but in per 500g weights as I then have to re-weigh out etc here and that just slows down my brew day even more.

Cheers

Since The Malt Miller no longer allows you to order less than 500g of grain whilst it works out how to build a recipe builder again, and BrewUK just spins and spins and spins and never actually saves a recipe - Where can I build and buy per recipes grain?

I don't want to but in per 500g weights as I then have to re-weigh out etc here and that just slows down my brew day even more.

Cheers
Try Geterbrewed, you can buy in good incremental quantities or customise your grain kit order

Isn’t it just me or have Get ‘Er Brewed just bumped their prices up by 20%?

Isn’t it just me or have Get ‘Er Brewed just bumped their prices up by 20%?
I think you're right they have.. But I think all the suppliers have

A lot of people suggest the Malt Miller here but whenever i go there I find him so expensive.

With their sale the home brew company look probably the best prices now but you are limited to the grain quantities you can buy... I also find the website not easiest to navigate so maybe I am wrong and you can customise what you get.

I think you're right they have.. But I think all the suppliers have

A lot of people suggest the Malt Miller here but whenever i go there I find him so expensive.

With their sale the home brew company look probably the best prices now but you are limited to the grain quantities you can buy... I also find the website not easiest to navigate so maybe I am wrong and you can customise what you get.

I hear folk raving about Maltmiller all the time but whenever I go take look see, I clock the malt prices and think 'not a chance,matey'! £50 for 25Kg??? I've settled on the HBC these days - and curiously I find their website the easiest to negotiate!

I would be very surprised if Malt Miller start their recipe builder again. It was supposed to be up and running within two weeks of the new site being up and running, that was back in December.
I think they were feeling the water to see if it could be dropped because it was labour intensive, now they don't even answer people on their facebook page when the question is asked.

I would be very surprised if Malt Miller start their recipe builder again. It was supposed to be up and running within two weeks of the new site being up and running, that was back in December.
I think they were feeling the water to see if it could be dropped because it was labour intensive, now they don't even answer people on their facebook page when the question is asked.
If you email them, they should put a recipe together for you. I had 4 recipe packs I created delivered a few weeks ago.

I have been looking around and I have found the Copper Kettle Home Brewing which is fairly close to me does 25kg of Marris otter for £30 plus £5.95 delivery, although I would probably go and collect. They don't do less than 500g on the site but may be worth asking as they do their own full mash kits.

HBC do do customised mash kits as well, although they are a set price so probably doesn't work out to be cost effective for smallish grain bills & amounts of hops.

My go-to site is the Worcester Hop Shop, which is great if you do English (British) sort of beers. Site members get a 5% discount.

I get my pale malt from a local brewery for £14-17 a sack depending on variety, and all other grains from Brewuk, maltmiller, Holland & Barratt or Local HBS.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back