where to buy ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlDaviz

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all
What shops do find the best value for buying your hops and grain, I've used malt miller a few times because of the quick delivery but you need to buy quite a lot. Spend over £100 for free delivery.
Thanks AL

Hi all
What shops do find the best value for buying your hops and grain, I've used malt miller a few times because of the quick delivery but you need to buy quite a lot. Spend over £100 for free delivery.
Thanks AL
Maltmiller for grain. I buy whole grains, which believe it or not are quite hard to find! You have more options for pre-crushed though and HBO (Home Brew Online might be worth a shot.

Crossmyloof for hops everytime. Good banter from the guys there and great prices.

I mostly use TheHomebrewCompany now as they have a great range and usually the cheapest, if you ever buy corny kegs they are brilliant value if buying sets of 3. Crossmyloof are great for hops, free postage so no need to wait until you can put in a big order

I use lots of different ones, depending on what I am after. Bulk base malt I mostly use home brew company, everything else I use malt miller, the home brew shop, get er brewed or brew uk, depending on who has what I want at a decent price including whatever they charge for shipping.

Thanks for that, good to see people recommend crossmyloof I wasn’t to sure about this company as when you google address it brings up a street of houses !
Has anyone approached these companies to see if the forum can get discount ?? There are other forums that I’m a member and we recieve discounts of 10% if we use certain discounts ??

Crossmyloof are ok if you only want tiny quantities of hops, otherwise the cost of the postage is actually on the price of the hops, so if you order a fair bit they can sometimes end up costing more in my experience. They're good if you just want 100g or so though for sure, their website is https://www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk.

Home Brew Company usually have a discount code that works on here too, used it on my last base malt order. Try https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/discount-cheatsheet.64575/ that thread for the latest ones.

I'm lucky enough to still have a real shop where I can go and talk to someone! The grain is all crushed but he'll get me in whole if I buy larger so I'll probably get a sack of the more common malts. Interestingly, his supplier has cut off hop pellets and he can only get whole at the moment.

I use three suppliers...

#1. The Home Brew Shop... Free delivery and good prices on ingredients.

#2. Brew UK... I like to use Warminster speciality grains, roasts and crystal. Brew UK have the full range from Warminster.

#3. The Malt Miller... Anything the top two don't have.

I've always used Malt Miller but noticed how expensive the hops were this time. I checked with Brew UK and saved £12 on hops plus free delivery at £65 not £100. Just hope the quality is OK??? Oh and his yeast seems to be cheaper, too.

I have three shops reasonably locally and tend to use each of then in turn. I find that their prices are competitive compared to online and I prefer to support local businesses. I have to use the online retailers occasionally for less common items, but end up doing a lot of shopping around to minimise shipping costs.

That’s good, I only have one locally and he doesn’t open too often,
Homebrew shop with bar required here

Latest posts

Back