Where to get grains

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callumbo

Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anybody got any sites that I can order all grain from that you can choose a specific day for delivery.

Im off for a couple of days soon but all brew sites say it'll be delivered in 3-5 days and it's a bit of a gamble that I'll be in. If I'm ordering 25kg of Marris otter then I want to make sure I'll be in.

I ride a motorbike so picking up that much can be a pain.

Cheers

Geterbrewed and I believe hbc are both 48 hour. I know I confirm my extra postage with geterbrewed at noon on Friday and it was with me on Monday morning. And it's tracked.

HBC and MaltMiller both send texts with links that allow you to reschedule the delivery, tell them a neighbour to deliver to if you aren't in, or tell them to leave it on the doorstep / round the back etc...

The standard delivery for the homebrew company seems to bee about four days from order to delivery. You only get a message on the day it is due to be delivered rather than when it is despatched.

I tried to reschedule for another day and the delivery driver just took it to a neighbours house anyway.

Luckily the neighbours were understanding but it's a bit of an imposition having 30kg of grain delivered.

Malt Miller were quicker I think. Two day delivery if I remember. They are super helpful and responsive so give them a call and ask.

I'd go with Malt Miller - next day delivery if ordered before 12.

Or you could buy from your local homebrew shop. I buy 25 kilo sacks and when you take delivery into account it works out as cheap as mail order.

Back