The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Where do you buy yours?

I don't want to buy 8 at £22.50 posted then find i am not keen, i have looked in the supermarkets and shops round here and have failed miserably so any idea where i might find it?

1655146278937.png

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Typical Sainsburys sell it and that is the only supermarket we don't have in the next town :rolleyes: the nearest is many miles away, looks like we may have to do our next monthly shop online and get it delivered ;)

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Tesco are showing it but do not know if it is online only as a current special offer

Attachments

• 1655146851087.png
    1655146851087.png
    26 KB · Views: 0

Jim Brewster

Malt teaser
Reaction score
You don't see it much up North but in East Anglia it's all over. I bought a mini keg from Woodforde's last week plus their Bure Gold golden ale which I prefer over Wherry

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a N/S thing I wonder if it shows online at your nearest Tesco?
If so a online order with a few other items may be in order;)

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think SWMBO wants to try Sainsburys for a change so it looks like i will finally get my hands on a couple of bottles. ;)

Agentgonzo

Landlord.
Reaction score
Waitrose do it, as do Morrisons. Obviously depends on the local store (I'm down south)

Last edited:

Wherrypuzzled

Reaction score
Kits
I think SWMBO wants to try Sainsburys for a change so it looks like i will finally get my hands on a couple of bottles. ;)
Kits are Boyes & Wilco but here's a strange one

Cherry Lane Garden Centre stock a few odd things Beer wise including Woodfordes Wherry in Bottles plus a few of their other Beers

That is in my local outlet near Doncaster so maybe look for your nearest at cherry-lane.co.uk as they look widespread. HQ Nottingham

Jim Brewster

Malt teaser
Reaction score
The kit I made tasted nothing like the stuff I've bought 🤣 I didn't have enough fermenter space so brewed it very short... it wasn't the best.

@Chippy_Tea I could send you a bottle? I've got one in the cupboard but that was taken from the mini keg so it'll be undercarbed but I could see if I can pick one up somewhere

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Chippy_Tea I could send you a bottle? I've got one in the cupboard but that was taken from the mini keg so it'll be undercarbed but I could see if I can pick one up somewhere

Thanks for the offer.

I posted this in the commercial beer forum as i read good things about it in the forums and have no way of brewing my own, i always buy a few beers for the weekend so wanted to try the shop bought Wherry, it looks like i will now be able to when the next order goes in. thumb.

Reaction score
Being rather outside their home area, I think Waitrose is the only supermarket I've seen it in - I suspect the other chains are big enough to have more regional variation, whereas Waitrose being smaller seem to have a fairly fixed national range and then a few hyperlocal slots for individual stores to fill.

Kit-brewer

Reaction score
I make it fro. The kits. Brewed a bit short and tastes close to the bottles, we did a blind tasting and out of the 4 of us ut was 2 each for the one we preferred. The whole family love it.