Which bottle capper for occasional use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalecek

Reaction score
Hi all. Need a help with picking a bottle capper for occasional use. I'm kegging but but would like to bottle for friends to give away. Is 2 leaver capper good enough for few bottles a month or should I get a bench one? I tried to use the hammer one and failed miserably.
Thanks for help

Hi all. Need a help with picking a bottle capper for occasional use. I'm kegging but but would like to bottle for friends to give away. Is 2 leaver capper good enough for few bottles a month or should I get a bench one? I tried to use the hammer one and failed miserably.
Thanks for help

I broke 3 hand cappers (2 from Wilkos and 1 from Amazon), and also a few bottles before I got a bench capper. The bench capper works much better, less risk of slitting your wrists on broken bottles as well!

A bench capper is definitely better but the hand cappers are cheaper and will probably be fine for your neefs. If money isn't a issue go for the bench capper, plus it will most likely last much longer.

Brew2bottle do a twin lever capper for 8.95 and it can do 26mm and 29mm caps. I have to say it's been brilliant and as my wife is an avid prosecco drinker using the 29mm caps on a 750ml bottle for me is great as less bottles to fill/clean. Not had any issues with it at all.

Thanks guys. I found the metal twin leaver for 13.50 delivered. Think that will do the job.

The prices have rocketed since the incident but this is the capper a lot of us have on here and really rate. Wilko ones are abysmal.

I can cap with that capper a lot faster than a bench capper but I am absolute skill.
Like: Metal, while I now a have a standard plastic one, where it might break somewhere in the future (but I got it for free from someone who only brewed once)
Not like: I like to cap 26 and 29 mm bottles, which means I would need two types

Broke 3 bottles using a twin lever capper which cost £16
Was it one of those crappy black plastic ones where the bit that grips the bottle is like, super thin? There are a few people that broke bottles with those online and then the grippy bit bent!

That capper I've got is a beast and I'm not being buyers remorse or whatever the opposite of that is, but I can do a 'bombing run' as I call it and crimp a load of bottles in under 2 seconds each, or do it while the next bottle is filling between my legs while I sit on my little bottling stool.

But as I said - I am Skillicious.

Was it one of those crappy black plastic ones where the bit that grips the bottle is like, super thin? There are a few people that broke bottles with those online and then the grippy bit bent!

That capper I've got is a beast and I'm not being buyers remorse or whatever the opposite of that is, but I can do a 'bombing run' as I call it and crimp a load of bottles in under 2 seconds each, or do it while the next bottle is filling between my legs while I sit on my little bottling stool.

Lol. I hope I can get fraction of your skill..

Lol. I hope I can get fraction of your skill..
You want skilz you gotta dream in skilz, but to get you on your way say this when your head meets pillow.

Work hard, stay in school, eat your greens, don't be a fool.
Respect you mamma, don't do drugs....
But most of all: avoid the Snug.

PEACE!

It certainly was and didn't fully crimp the cap...

You want skilz you gotta dream in skilz, but to get you on your way say this when your head meets pillow.

Work hard, stay in school, eat your greens, don't be a fool.
Respect you mamma, don't do drugs....
But most of all: avoid the Snug.

PEACE!
It's the bridge you have to avoid now...

I’ve been using a Young’s 2 handled plastic bottle capper for years. Hate to think how many bottles it’s done but it’s still going strong.
Always have a spare bottle capper though in case your only one breaks half way through bottling!

The prices have rocketed since the incident but this is the capper a lot of us have on here and really rate. Wilko ones are abysmal.

I can cap with that capper a lot faster than a bench capper but I am absolute skill.
That’s the one I have and I can’t fault it. I’ve had it 5 years as well. It even caps Wychwood bottles without any issue.

It started sticking a bit earlier this year but a quick spray of WD40 sorted it.

Latest posts

Back