Which Christmas kits to try?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry willis

Reaction score
Have just started brewing again, and planning a head looking fir xmas recommendations.

Like dark strong beers. Broadside, hogoblin etc.

currently doing woodeford headcracker and nog.

thanks for you held.

You NEED a stout for Christmas!
Cooper's.
If you like it strong brew short or add more stuff...one of the best.
Also look on their web site..they have some great kit recipes...covering both your mentioned beers.

I like The Range stout kit. It's £15 but the pouch is 2.2kg not 1.5. I brew short to 15 litres and add 200g of brown sugar..
You can also add cocoa nibs, lactose and coffee as flavourants.

Speaking of Stout been tempted to do one of these for a while and it would make a decent brew for Christmas. Imperial Stout

Probably one to get on now and bottle so it has a long time to mature. Problem is I lost momentum a while back and I'm now brewing for England to try to get my stocks back up so no brew fridge space or time to do it currently. Maybe next year or just brew it anyway...

St Peter's cream stout is the one. Waaaay better than coopers, if you like some serious depth. Coopers is a great, light session beer for any month of the year but the cream stout is much more indulgent and perfect for Christmas. Easily as good as, if not better than anything you can get in the supermarket.
We drank a keg full on Friday night!

Latest posts

Back